The Cotswolds

Name
Tracey
Edit My Images
Yes
I like the doorway image but you are missing the top apex?!. the skies on the first two are too blown for my liking but one with the horse i really like.... If you cropped around it taking the sky out and maybe some of the left hand side of the image you would have an interesting subject and image...IMO!

Regards Andy

Sorry Tracey i should have been a bit more constructive about your first two images.
On the first one, it looks like you were looking into the sun when you took the image so there is no detail in the sky. Using a polarizing filter would help to bring out some definition in the sky and in the reflections. The lower two thirds of the image have some nice detail and composition in it.
The second is similar too! You have a strong leading line with the river and the beautiful building, but in my opinion the sky lets it down for lack of colour and definition.
Regards Andy

Sorry what do you mean by 'blown'?

As said, no colour, no clouds just a blank white area often happens in shots like those a ND graduated filter would have helped

Expose for the ground add the filter and the sky may retain some detail
you can buy a set for around £50 giving a choice of 3 ND grads

I do like the shot of the doorway, shame you cropped away the apex-the river shot is nice too, great reflection but shame about the sky

Les (y)

As said, no colour, no clouds just a blank white area often happens in shots like those a ND graduated filter would have helped

Expose for the ground add the filter and the sky may retain some detail
you can buy a set for around £50 giving a choice of 3 ND grads

I do like the shot of the doorway, shame you cropped away the apex-the river shot is nice too, great reflection but shame about the sky

Les (y)

The doorway shot hasn't been cropped, just the way I took it I'm afraid.

Back