The Couple + new pic

Amazing shot but I can't imagine how cold it would have been! The colour of the sky is beautiful and the clouds really add some drama to the shot.

Amazing shot but I can't imagine how cold it would have been! The colour of the sky is beautiful and the clouds really add some drama to the shot.

Bit of a shock when the car door wouldn't open due to ice!

That's nice Neil, lovely sky & light with some good foreground interest and for me just about the right amount of movement in the water.(y)

George.

Nice shot Neil, some lovely colours in the sky and movement around to boulders. Can you still get to the coast ok as I heard the gate was locked for winter?

Nice shot Neil, some lovely colours in the sky and movement around to boulders. Can you still get to the coast ok as I heard the gate was locked for winter?

It is locked but you can access from the beach further up!

Cool title, great rendition… delicious to my eyes!

Love the contrasts here :) - the smooth water versus the angry wave formation in the foreground, the soft cloud formation versus the high contract boulders, the grad filter has nicely boosted the sky colouring contrasting to the clean colouring of the boulders - was that just natural light on the boulders or did you use a bit of flash??

Love the contrasts here :) - the smooth water versus the angry wave formation in the foreground, the soft cloud formation versus the high contract boulders, the grad filter has nicely boosted the sky colouring contrasting to the clean colouring of the boulders - was that just natural light on the boulders or did you use a bit of flash??

No flash used! Probably the result of a combination of a) the sky quite light above, b) bit of shadow recovery and c) the coloration of the rock itself!

Lovely shot Neil! And you're right about the lens, always regret selling mine (but now got a 24-70)

Such a great zoom lens - did you notice any difference IQ wise with the 24-70 by comparison? Thought about upgrading it a one point but the lens is a consistent performer so couldn't really see the point.

Such a great zoom lens - did you notice any difference IQ wise with the 24-70 by comparison? Thought about upgrading it a one point but the lens is a consistent performer so couldn't really see the point.
Apart from the extra 4mm at the wide end (which is quite useful), no not really. The 28-70 seemed to be a little more susceptible to flare without the lens hood as well I think, But apart from that the two are equal in my opinion.

Apart from the extra 4mm at the wide end (which is quite useful), no not really. The 28-70 seemed to be a little more susceptible to flare without the lens hood as well I think, But apart from that the two are equal in my opinion.

Yep, I agree about the extra 4mm, that would certainly be a benefit to me as I like to shoot wide and also agree about the flare. As it stands mine doesn't really get much use as I normally stick to my 21mm prime, nearly forgot how good it is!

1st shot is brilliant Neil, the colours are really nice and the sky makes the shot. Not so keen on the rendition in the second, theres some strange purple/blue patches which looks like have resulted from the processing.

1st shot is brilliant Neil, the colours are really nice and the sky makes the shot. Not so keen on the rendition in the second, theres some strange purple/blue patches which looks like have resulted from the processing.

Thanks Neil - Can I ask, where are you seeing these blue and purple patches as I didn't notice any on my calibrated monitor?

Cheers again and thank you all for your input.

Thanks Neil - Can I ask, where are you seeing these blue and purple patches as I didn't notice any on my calibrated monitor?

Cheers again and thank you all for your input.

It's prob my monitor Neil, although it is calibrated, I will check on my home mac later. I see slight streaks in the lower part of the clouds and the outside of the image in the darker areas of the clouds and sea. It's no biggie and if I turn my monitor brightness up a tad they aren't so noticeable, I tend to get banding and patchy areas when i overwork with gradients in ACR.

Last edited:
I'm not a morning person at all, but for shots like that I would make myself get up and at 'em!!. Simply stunning, especially no.2 for me.

Back