The Crescent nebula (NGC6888)

Name
Sara
Edit My Images
Yes
The Crescent Nebula (also known as NGC6888, Caldwell 27, Sharpless 105) is an emission nebula in the constellation Cygnus, about 5000 light-years away. This image has been taken over about a month and is a combination of 54 hours and 15 mins of data. The majority of exposures were 30 minutes long and then I used some short colour exposures to add in for some natural star colour.

NGC6888 (The Crescent nebula) by Sara Wager, on Flickr

You can see a larger version on my website here

Stunning as usual, lets hope no one steals it and posts it as their own.... :whistle:

Thanks Bryn for looking and commenting - I hope that this image doesn't get stolen as well :( Sadly there seems to be nothing to be done apart from slapping a great big watermark across the middle which kind of defeats the object

Was looking forward to your next one. Out of this world again (if you'll pardon the pun).
Your work ranks amongst the best astro work I've ever seen Sara. Keep at it. (y)

Again, thanks so much for sharing your fantastic images. As always, in awe of your patience and skills.

I don't know how you do this, Sara, but it is simply amazing!
Thank you for sharing this.

Fabulous, thanks for sharing ;)

Lost for words really. Other than Goodness Gracious me.................

Our imagination is not up to the subject, just amazing.................

Mj:wideyed:

Last edited:
Superb as usual :)

Thanks guys for your continued comments - I'm pleased that you like the image :) While it took over 54 hours of data this image easily took over 10 hours to process to it's current form, through a few now defunct and false starts!

Stunning image again.
I'm in awe of your work.

Absolutely awe inspiring. Your deep space shots almost bring a tear to my eye, you have managed to capture everything I want to see with my own eyes, but never will.
Thank you.

Really like this, it has a look of a human organ (a heart maybe), but also really like the full wide image on your Website. It shows the scale of the nebula which in itself must be massive, but tiny when view in its surroundings of the rest of the universe.

Thanks Dominic - It is interesting to look at both the closeup view and the wider view - It does give a little more context to the image with regards its scale in the universe :)

Wow that's incredible, what an image! Can I ask what sort of equipment you've used to capture the image and how much time it takes to get it looking this good?

Wow that's incredible, what an image! Can I ask what sort of equipment you've used to capture the image and how much time it takes to get it looking this good?

Cheers Marc - You can see my equipment on my website under the equipment section...... if you go to the bottom it reflects the latest changes. Time wise...... well this is over 50 hours of captured data and probably about 10 hours of processing.

That's a stunning picture Sara :clap::clap: :plus1:
:exit:

Thanks Tony!

There are no words......

Cheers Graham!

Back