The Crows Nest (tree in fog)

I'd maybe lighten the bottom of the first with a grad but I really like the mood. Would make a good book cover

Simon thanks for that.. Recently I have took the plunge and subscribed the Adobe Creative cloud and now use Photoshop 2020, and have re-edited this image and WOW! what a difference in the two edits. I like the re-edit to the original. What do you think? Note: I was using Photoshop CS6 prior.27Jan2021NewmilnsTreeFog_LrPs.jpg

The edit has brought some nice detail out in the sky and the mood is great. If you lift the exposure of the bottom third it will make the tree stand out more. Grad with an exposure and shadow lift to the bottom third and then get a big soft brush and darken the grass back down. You have editing turned off so I can't show you what I mean but it is a 30 second edit. The images are worth playing with as they have a great mood. It is a pity the tree has that growth in the centre to spoil its form. I have a tree like that nearby and it pees me off every time I drive past as it would be spot on but the heavy central area puts me off shooting it

27Jan2021NewmilnsTreeFog_LrPs.jpg
Yep that was a quick edit. I did'nt go too nuts lightening up the grass, just a subtle lift. Can you advise me also where I can enable editing?

Click on your name and then find account details. It is about half way down that page. You just need to add in the word yes. I'll take it that you would like me to post though so here is my quick edits. Just a little lighter than yours at the bottom which helps give the tree separation.

Attachments

• 27Jan2021NewmilnsTreeFog_LrPs.jpg
    27Jan2021NewmilnsTreeFog_LrPs.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 27Jan2021NewmilnsTreeFog_Por.jpg
    27Jan2021NewmilnsTreeFog_Por.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 10
Simon thanks for that.. Recently I have took the plunge and subscribed the Adobe Creative cloud and now use Photoshop 2020, and have re-edited this image and WOW! what a difference in the two edits. I like the re-edit to the original. What do you think? Note: I was using Photoshop CS6 prior.View attachment 307500

Photoshop 2021 you mean surely?? :)

Photoshop 2021 you mean surely?? :)

As I said I use Photoshop 2020. I did install ps2021, however it seems the cpus in my computer are not recognised by ps2021. I have dual xeon chips, which ones I cannot remember. On my phone or I'd take a look to see. So anyway I installed the oldest version I could see and it works a treat. Takes literally 2 seconds to save tiff files as apposed to cs6 taking 6 or 7 secs. So I'm really happy with 2020 version.

So you don't have all the new features then, that is a shame- I have used Photoshop for over 10 years - I love it :)

So you don't have all the new features then, that is a shame- I have used Photoshop for over 10 years - I love it :)

About twenty years for me! Jeez.. How the time flies! Since I have upgraded I'm very happy with the new features in ps2020. There are alot of things in 2020 that really annoys me. I have recently been tasked to do some gfx work and it's working on graphics that some features that are missing are doing my head in. For example the pick took. In Cs6 I could click and drag an object from anywhere on the page and that same layer won't be changed. Now I have to physically click on the object to drag it about. Should I miss that object the layer beneath the target layer is selected. Very very annoying.!

About twenty years for me! Jeez.. How the time flies! Since I have upgraded I'm very happy with the new features in ps2020. There are alot of things in 2020 that really annoys me. I have recently been tasked to do some gfx work and it's working on graphics that some features that are missing are doing my head in. For example the pick took. In Cs6 I could click and drag an object from anywhere on the page and that same layer won't be changed. Now I have to physically click on the object to drag it about. Should I miss that object the layer beneath the target layer is selected. Very very annoying.!

Sounds like Photoshop 2021 is what you need Craig :LOL:

Back