"The Cumbrian Guardsman" and "The Cumbrian Mountain Express"

Edit My Images
No
Two steam excursions over the Settle/Carlisle line last Saturday.

First was 70000 "Britannia" with the northbound "Cumbrian Guardsman" seen here heading over Dent Head viaduct.

01540_zps9b3bf432.jpg

Later in the day 60009 "Union of South Africa" took "The Cumbrian Mountain Express" southbound, captured in magnificent form at Greengates.

01720_zpse4ba1d11.jpg

Hope you like them, as always best viewed large. (y)

Last edited:
Great shots and full marks for No1............ 'cause you put a bit of thought into the framing by shooting through the wall! Just a pity the Forestry Commision has decided to mow down the trees top left :(

The top one is a magnificent shot.

'Union of South Africa' is also excellent, great angle. You can't beat 'getting down'

If I'm going get to see these class A4's, which I'd love to, I need to do some map work from Rugby > Nuneaton.

I think the best Loco photos come from up your way.

I see there's a trip, Edinburgh>York Kings Cross Sat. April 28 6009 (the above Loco) the first leg to York and thereafter from York to Kings Cross 6007-Sir Nigel Gresley. Some planning is needed.

Nice ones..................(y)

Thanks all, and Andy I was more worried about the southbound coal train that passed just a few seconds before! :LOL:

As already mentioned by others, the first thing I've noticed upon looking at the first photo is how very well framed it was. Excellent work.

Cracking shot #1, well framed by the wall....Great Stuff Stu....Keep Up The Good Work

Cheers Paul

First is gorgeous, with a lot of thought gone into the composition.

Love the second shot. As Tom noted above, almost a painting-like quality. Did you do any post to achieve that?

Swiis Toni yet agains shows how it should be done. I remember may years ago commenting one one of your pics we disagreed on. However in those years your images continually produce well exposed, composed and super sharp. Take note this is how its done.

Love 'em both ! cant offer any critique... only a big thumbs up !

Back