"The Dance"

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
Excellent, my dad was telling me about these the other day. Great to actually see it need to get to a reserve to see if I can see them.

:D #2/3 are my favs (y)

Thanks Bryn- I shot them as they lined up to court.

:Les

Great shots Les!

Well done Les - a couple started the dance right in front of a hide I was in but slowly drifted off as they progressed. Much head bobbing was seen and my camera was trained on them and ready to go.

They floated behind some reeds and I never saw them again. Looks like I need to try again next year :)

Dave.

Great shots Les!

Thank you Tim, right place right time right lens I guess

Well done Les - a couple started the dance right in front of a hide I was in but slowly drifted off as they progressed. Much head bobbing was seen and my camera was trained on them and ready to go.

They floated behind some reeds and I never saw them again. Looks like I need to try again next year :)

Dave.

They dance well into April Dave- I saw these two last week doing the same thing, I only had the dogs with me - no camera which was a shame

Les

A lovely moment you've captured there, Les :)

Russ

Thank you Russ- It took me long enough lol

Cracking finale shot Les ... Ham Walls?

Yes Roger it is indeed - they are building a nest quite close to shore too, so plenty of opportunities to shoot then young, photographically speaking ;) I can PM you the location if you like- I go there most mornings now

Lovely sequence. My local reservoir/nature reserve has lots of grebes but I've yet to see any courtship rituals. Guess with me it's always right place, wrong time. One day......................

I shot this around 8am if that helps

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good shots Les, particularly the last one.

for me a tad underexposed Les? ........ or is it strong light

but then you would have a problem with blown highlights

only looked at #1

Last edited:
I agree they are underexposed yet some of the highlights are blown. Contrasty conditions I assume. While the lifestyle action is very good they don't hold particularly fine detail, are soft and a tad noisy.

for me a tad underexposed Les? ........ or is it strong light

but then you would have a problem with blown highlights

only looked at #1

very strong sunlight made exposure a but of a problem, more of a record set than anything. High ISO too to get a decent shutter speed for the 150-600mm

Lovely set there Lez.

Cheers John

Les

Absolutely stunning Les (y)
I've watched this many times, not got the pictures as I get so entranced I forget the camera :(

Well done Lez

I got similar shots for the first time last year but nothing so far this

stan

Thank you Stan, Right place right time I guess

Absolutely stunning Les (y)
I've watched this many times, not got the pictures as I get so entranced I forget the camera :(

Been there done that Ingrid

Les

Back