The Dolomites, Italy

ACW

Edit My Images
Yes
A few from a hiking trip at the end of last month, the weather was (or the most part, extremely wet and cloudy, for occasionally a nice view would open up. Any C&C would be appreciated.

1. This was one of my favourite views, taken whilst ascending Monte Rite
The view ascending Monte Rite by ACW, on Flickr

2. The next few shots are from our hotel room in Pieve Di Cadore
Foggy Town by ACW, on Flickr

3. Lago di Centro Cadore and the surrounding towns
View from Hotel Belvedere, Pieve Di Cadore by ACW, on Flickr

4. Interest cloud movement over the peaks, I couldn't quite decide which I preferred between this shot and the next one which is a long exposure. Any thoughts?
Mountain Top Clouds by ACW, on Flickr

5. Same shot but a long exposure to try and show some movement.
Mountain Top Cloud Motion by ACW, on Flickr

Great series. Makes me want to go.

Would love one in Autumn
Love 2
I'd like to see three shot at lake level, great reflection potential
4 is good, 5 epic.

6 good post card shot
7 not my thing at all
8. The foreground detracts here. The distant view is betterc
9 ok

Reactions: ACW
Just the thing to brighten up a typical British June evening!
Not a bad one amongst them.
Fell in love with No1, and they just got better...
Stunning clarity

Incredible scenery, but no. 7 - Mountain stream is my favourite.

What a beautiful set, i really like these.
No 1 is beautiful my pick too! although the clouds look a little processed
No 2 What a view from a Hotel room! Bags of atmosphere here!
No 3 lovely vista and gives a great impression of scale.
No 4 and 5, I think No 4 looks a little more natural and obviously there is more detail in the cloud so thats my pick of the two. However No 5 is more reminiscent of snow being ripped off the summit by the wind (although not snow in this case). 5 is still a nice image, just portrayed differently.
No 6 another nice vista shot with great scale, but gives me the feeling it should be shot wider (That just popped into my singular brain cell as i viewed it). Like the dappled light falling across the mountains and valleys.
No 7 nice sense of movement, really sharp and nice textures in the rock.
No 8 Stunning view! Makes me want to pull my boots and crampons on! Steve pointed out the foreground but not sure, maybe you could loose some, jury's out on that. Would love to be stood there(y)
No 9 I wonder how many have welcomed that sight. I think the cloud at the top and the trees at the bottom almost give a vignette effect, as it draws my eye to the center of the shot... nice.

Really enjoyed looking through this set. Real pain though because its put another place on the bucket list and I'm running out of years to cover them :eek:. It looks like a walker and climbers heaven!

number two is the pick of the bunch for me, but its a lovely set of images to view.

Excellent set, I suspect you thoroughly enjoyed yourself :whistle:

Great series. Makes me want to go.

Would love one in Autumn
Love 2
I'd like to see three shot at lake level, great reflection potential
4 is good, 5 epic.

6 good post card shot
7 not my thing at all
8. The foreground detracts here. The distant view is betterc
9 ok

Thank you for the feedback! I too would love to get back there to see it in Autumn colours. Will reconsider the crop on 8. Re the lake level shot, unfortunately when I went to lake level it was pretty overcast and only yielded results like this:

Lago di Cadore by ACW, on Flickr

What a beautiful set, i really like these.
No 1 is beautiful my pick too! although the clouds look a little processed
No 2 What a view from a Hotel room! Bags of atmosphere here!
No 3 lovely vista and gives a great impression of scale.
No 4 and 5, I think No 4 looks a little more natural and obviously there is more detail in the cloud so thats my pick of the two. However No 5 is more reminiscent of snow being ripped off the summit by the wind (although not snow in this case). 5 is still a nice image, just portrayed differently.
No 6 another nice vista shot with great scale, but gives me the feeling it should be shot wider (That just popped into my singular brain cell as i viewed it). Like the dappled light falling across the mountains and valleys.
No 7 nice sense of movement, really sharp and nice textures in the rock.
No 8 Stunning view! Makes me want to pull my boots and crampons on! Steve pointed out the foreground but not sure, maybe you could loose some, jury's out on that. Would love to be stood there(y)
No 9 I wonder how many have welcomed that sight. I think the cloud at the top and the trees at the bottom almost give a vignette effect, as it draws my eye to the center of the shot... nice.

Really enjoyed looking through this set. Real pain though because its put another place on the bucket list and I'm running out of years to cover them :eek:. It looks like a walker and climbers heaven!

Thanks for the detailed feedback! I agree about a wider shot being needed on 6, but unfortunately the lay of the land and surrounding foliage wouldn't allow it! Definitely a walker and climber's heaven, although next time I'd go back after the snow had fully thawed!

Mountain top with clouds is my fave, would look great in black and white with heavy contrast etc...

Looks like an awesome place!!

Matt

I'll have a play around with the contrast in lightroom later and see how it goes!

Excellent set, I suspect you thoroughly enjoyed yourself :whistle:

Thanks! And your suspicions are correct!

The colors in #1 and #3 are lovely. Gives it a nice dramatic feel. Looks like a great trip.

no 3 and 8 are my favs :)

Wow, great set. No. 2 a standout for me. Looks stunning.

Just the thing to brighten up a typical British June evening!
Not a bad one amongst them.
Fell in love with No1, and they just got better...
Stunning clarity

Incredible scenery, but no. 7 - Mountain stream is my favourite.

Very good set [emoji1303]

A nice set, my favourite being number 4. Good work(y)

number two is the pick of the bunch for me, but its a lovely set of images to view.

beautiful views and great photos

Thank you for the comments everyone, I appreciate them!

Last edited:
Your processing on the skies is a smidge heavy for me. However, beautiful shots and number 9 is a real cracker, love it.

Back