Nice that! Perfectly timed exposure.

Nice that! Perfectly timed exposure.

That works nicely Thomas

That's nice Tom - I think that, like a certain Scottish mountain with a brook in front, it's one of those places everyone should photograph at least once.

It works for me, nicely done

Somewhere I'd love to photograph and haven't got around to yet

That's nice Tom - I think that, like a certain Scottish mountain with a brook in front, it's one of those places everyone should photograph at least once.

Ahhh yes, I have a shot of that as well. Definitely worth getting your own. Durdle door is a cool place as well.

I get that - I wouldn't mind taking a tilt at durdle door either.

Definitely worth a visit!

It works for me, nicely done

Somewhere I'd love to photograph and haven't got around to yet

Thank you, it’s a great location!

I like the processing and the exposure length, the sea and the sky both look great. However being critical I am not 100% sure on the composition. I seem to be being drawn into the left hand side of the image, rather than towards the focal point.

Cheers, interesting as well. I am just wondering if you have any suggested as to how else you'd have composed this?

Seen this a few time in colour, but can't recall in B/W, very nice image and processing. Well done. (y)

Thank you.

Agree with Dave above. Seen it loads on colour but mono and long exposure I haven't and I like it.

Thank you.

There's not a huge range of compositional choices for the classic 'Door' shot from the beach, and a lot depends on the sky for atmosphere. I've been twice, once in October and once on Christmas day a couple of years back, hoping to get the sun through the arch.

Durdledoor5905mono by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Durdle door 2 mono by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

There are more options from the cliff tops, and if I go back again, I'll probably try something up there next time IF the weather suits.

Not often I do a really long exposure but I wanted to create this image for part of a b/w series I am doing.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts!

BTW I notice you have a way of creating longer exposures than ever possible normally - it seems you can time travel! Taken on April 15, 2020

Back