The Duchess - Image Added

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
LMS 6233 Duchess of Sutherland leaving Rawtenstall, I have to say I think this is one of the nicest looking steam engines I've seen for a while...

duchess-of-sutherland-6233-3737.jpg

I really like this. May I suggest that a B & W version would work well as the wagon to the right is pre WWII and after a quick look I can't see anything else that would date it.

Thanks Chris, my first thoughts was to do this as a mono, but it's such a nice colourful engine that I thought a mono would take away some of the impact of the loco, especially as it was taken late evening. I'm not saying I won't do a mono, but this is my preferred version

B&W v Colour ? No contest but I see the thinking for B&W by Christopher. It's so impressive. A great shot. It won't be in our region again until next year. I was away on holiday when it was on the Severn Valley Railway in September. Just how the cookie crumbles isn't it.

http://www.prclt.co.uk/6233-2018-running-dates.html

Both lovely shots but I prefer the colour. Reminds me of my fave ELR loc 13065 the Crab.

Beautiful loco, for me it has to be the colour one.

Thanks John, Dave and Colin. I must admit for this particular loco I prefer the colour version.

Back