The Ephemeral Nature of Life (and Glassware)

TheBigYin

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Well - today's attempt at a still life turned out to be a bit more expensive than I liked...

sadly, one of my favourite props fell off the table while I was adjusting another part of the arrangement...

So, I've had to go with an earlier version before I started faffing around...

Musical Vanitas
by The Big Yin, on Flickr

And the prop...

Well, thankfully, It wasn't Eddie... He's actually robust enough to have probably dented the floorboards to be fair...

Irritatingly it was the fancy Roemer glass. Took me ages to find one on fleabay that was a) semi-affordable, b) not covered in gilding and heavy etching and c) in the UK rather than having to pay for shipping from the USA.

Sadly, I think it's a write off...

Arsebiscuits
by The Big Yin, on Flickr

I like it (y)

Each item you have chosen gives it a nice eerie feel to it, especially the duff candle, skull, pills and the violin (which to me always seems to remind me of sad music, don't know why).

It's a shame about your Roemer glass, although it also would have made for an interesting prop once broken, even in the same layout as above....Broken glass, scattered pills and a burnt out candle, them along with the skull would make your imagination run wild lol

Last edited:
It's a shame about your Roemer glass, although it also would have made for an interesting prop once broken, even in the same layout as above....Broken glass, scattered pills and a burnt out candle, them along with the skull would make your imagination run wild lol

all I can say, is watch this space, probably mid May ;)

Back