The Eye, Bristol

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Hi TP

A couple of shots taken of The Eye in Bristol. Comments and feedback welcomed. I haven't shot urban for ages now so do please bear this in mind.

11270038924_5065b47fd5_c.jpg

11240946256_1011edebd0_c.jpg

I really like these angles,not sure why.:)(y)

#1 for me. Great colours. Well done.

I prefer the 2nd the b&w works quite well, nice perspective on both though.

Steve

I like them both, but the first is a bit cluttered around the building and the tree doesn't help. A tighter crop may be in order.

I like that first one too, nice leading lines. Gives a ton of depth to the images with the perspective. A shame there was not a moon or a plane at the top of the image for the lines to lead to, but hey, we can only shoot what is there

Thanks everyone for the feedback

I like them both, but the first is a bit cluttered around the building and the tree doesn't help. A tighter crop may be in order.

:agree: I think you're right about the trees, they are a pain with architecture images. I'm not a big fan of cropping so a revisit to recompose would be best.

I like that first one too, nice leading lines. Gives a ton of depth to the images with the perspective. A shame there was not a moon or a plane at the top of the image for the lines to lead to, but hey, we can only shoot what is there

Moon you say :) Now you've given me an idea, I can put a moon in there somewhere ;)

I plan to get my hands on Joel Tjintjelaar's B/W Masterclass videos, I think they'd be helpful.

I like the black and white one as I feel its a better perspective but I would like to see the colour version of this shot. ;)

Cheers guys

I like the black and white one as I feel its a better perspective but I would like to see the colour version of this shot. ;)

Yes, the key difference between these two shots is that the colour is pretty much SOOC (with a little saturation & contrast adjustment and some selective sharpening) whereas the BW has been extensively edited. The original is pretty flat (contrast wise) and fairly monochromatic with a cool blue cast. I have always liked the Super Black treatment in my BW and although this isn't quite super black a lot of selective contrast work was done. As mentioned above, Joel Tjintjelaars BW Masterclass will give me more ideas on achieving that tonal depth/range and tonal separation required for strong BW images.

Tony DeSantis bought JT's Masterclass and he has got the look I love nailed to a tee.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tony_d/

shot 2 is excellent scott, really great work, thanks for sharing
cheers andy

Back