The Felicity Tree

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
This tree features in Chris Gilbert & Mick Ryan's Photographing the Peak District book and, as it wasn't too far from where I was the other week, I had a wander over. There's a small track from the road that leads to the tree, but it ends in a gate and I don't think there's any public right of way beyond that. The 12-60mm I had (on M43) didn't give enough reach, so I used an adapted Tamron Adaptall 2 80-210mm f/3.8-4 that I picked up recently for a couple of quid. It's the first time I've used an adapted lens "in the wild" - as opposed to in the house or garden to try them out in relatively controlled conditions - but I'm not displeased with the results.

Felicity Tree
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Any comments / CC are welcome, thanks. Still (slowly) trying to get a better handle on landscape stuff, but I don't get out as often as I might like for this type of stuff, so it's a slow journey at present.

Last edited:
It's lovely Nige. The inclusion of the gate(way) adds to the story.

Agree with Ian about the gateway, and it looks to be a sharper copy of the Tamron 80-210 than my (full price!) version was!

That's lovely! The image works really well especially the colours. I think there's some odd compression going on because the version on Flickr looks much sharper than the one presented here.

James

Agree with Ian about the gateway, and it looks to be a sharper copy of the Tamron 80-210 than my (full price!) version was!
That's lovely! The image works really well especially the colours. I think there's some odd compression going on because the version on Flickr looks much sharper than the one presented here.

James

Thanks both.

Back