The first day of Spring

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Today was officially the first day of Spring, so I was told.

CRW_0540.jpg

CRW_0519.jpg

CRW_0532.jpg

CRW_0599.jpg

I was curious to see dafodils in IR.

CRW_0516.jpg

CRW_0607.jpg

The last one will be entered into a BBC North West photo comp for Spring so it needs to be perfect. I chose that one because it was taken in the famous Port Sunlight with one of its iconic buildings behind it. It was hard trying to think of a photo that wasn't a cliche for spring, but in the end I decided to go with the classic. Daffodils in front of a recognizble building for Port Sunglight.

nice shots Pete, that last one certainly is striking, how you do that??

EosD said:

Thanks :) I started 15 weeks ago carefully planting daffodils outside some strangers house ;) I used my 50mm close up to the dafs at f/1.8 for a nice dof.

petemc said:
EosD said:

Thanks :) I started 15 weeks ago carefully planting daffodils outside some strangers house ;) I used my 50mm close up to the dafs at f/1.8 for a nice dof.

Its the blur of the trees that intrigues me most....nice touch...

would this be suitable for Spring???

rampant_rabbits.jpg
[smilie=i:

EosD said:
Its the blur of the trees that intrigues me most....nice touch...

would this be suitable for Spring???

rampant_rabbits.jpg
[smilie=i:[/quote]

LOL! I really can't imagine seeing that on the BBC news :) Seems to say "Sprung" tho ;)

Dave said:
What's going on!?!? All the threads have rabbits in them! ARGH!!!!
You're right :eek: They are loose in the forums and multiplying quickly :shock:

Pete, that last one is great. And I too would like to know how the bluring was done. One minor niggle I have is those three or four flowers off on the left hand side. They need to fall back into place and not be so noticeable. Can you cut them down at all???

effyman said:
Dave said:
What's going on!?!? All the threads have rabbits in them! ARGH!!!!
You're right :eek: They are loose in the forums and multiplying quickly :shock:

Pete, that last one is great. And I too would like to know how the bluring was done. One minor niggle I have is those three or four flowers off on the left hand side. They need to fall back into place and not be so noticeable. Can you cut them down at all???

Thanks :) I used f/1.8 to do the blurring. I could crop the shot, but I've already entered it into the competition :)

Back