The Football Thread - Season 2017/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to 7th after Liverpool's win but Sean Dyche his done a remarkable job there, really hope he doesn't go to Everton.
If he goes to Everton he could end up managing Evernal after the merger... ;)
Or would it be Arseton?

Oh, and surprise surprise, according to Wenger it was all the fault of the ref with offsides and a dive (which was not a dive), nothing to do with the fact that we have crap players and a crap manager!

Oh, and surprise surprise, according to Wenger it was all the fault of the ref with offsides and a dive (which was not a dive), nothing to do with the fact that we have crap players and a crap manager!
You just met a team that were better at diving and getting penalties/free kicks... :D But then with the fouls Koscielny was making again I'm surprised he stayed on the pitch
Third goal was offside, you can genuinely feel aggrieved about that one and Lacazette looks a stunning buy, but he was left on the bench. Your formation was wrong, didn't look setup right, but instead of blaming himself, Wenger prefers not to see it and take the easy option of ref decisions.

Quite looking forward to the 18th

You just met a team that were better at diving and getting penalties/free kicks... :D But then with the fouls Koscielny was making again I'm surprised he stayed on the pitch
Third goal was offside, you can genuinely feel aggrieved about that one and Lacazette looks a stunning buy, but he was left on the bench. Your formation was wrong, didn't look setup right, but instead of blaming himself, Wenger prefers not to see it and take the easy option of ref decisions.

Quite looking forward to the 18th

Is it true that all Spurs fans want Wenger to stay at Arsenal?

Crikey, Burnley up to (temporarily) 4th. :jawdrop:

Apparently Stoke haven’t won a top flight game away from home on a Tuesday night since 1906. :wacky:

Remarkable stat on the BBC website tonight.

Since Claude Puel took over at Leicester, the team have won 17 points in the Premier League. In that same period of time only Burnley (18) and of course Manchester City (21) have more.

Remarkable stat on the BBC website tonight.

Since Claude Puel took over at Leicester, the team have won 17 points in the Premier League. In that same period of time only Burnley (18) and of course Manchester City (21) have more.

And he was a crap manager, apparently...

i think the fact manchester city's GD is almost as good as the 2nd and 3rd place teams combined is amazing! so much for all those blinkered experts saying Pep would never succeed over here

i think the fact manchester city's GD is almost as good as the 2nd and 3rd place teams combined is amazing! so much for all those blinkered experts saying Pep would never succeed over here

I don't consider Pep to be that great. He took over a great Barca team. He took over a great Munich tema who had just done the treble yet failed to then get them to a CL final. With the money he has had to spend and the team he had he was always going to do well. The only threats to the league were Utd (who seem to be over-reliant on Lukaku playing well) and Chelsea. Ok, if he wins the CL this season it makes my point look a bit silly but I would say Dyche's achievement so far this season are far better.

There will always be some suspicion of how good Guardiola is because of the teams he has had, and the position they were in when he got there, be that league position, depth and quality of the squad, and the money he spends. If he spends his career going from one top team to another and winning things, I doubt he'll lose sleep over it. ;)

I had my doubts about how good he would be here, in what was perceived to be a more competitive league than the duopoly of Spain and the mainly monopoly of Germany, but this season he has Cit€h running away with it so far. :eek: Credit where it is due.

Dyche is doing a great job too. I thought he was in danger of ruining his reputation when he stayed with them when they went down last time. Which may have happened if he hadn't have brought them back up and maybe had a bad run and been sacked. Again, credit where it is due, he showed them some loyalty by trying to get them back up. And they showed some loyalty to him by keeping a manager who had a team relegated. I think everyone could see they were playing in a good way, and were just a little short on quality and depth. I am sure he must have had other job offers from 'bigger' teams.

The Premier League is so competitive now, it's not just about skill, it's about attitude. If it were about skill alone, Arsenal would always be right up there, but it's the attitude that is driven into them by the Manager that makes the difference. Just look how hard City work when they don't have the ball, look at how Moanio sets up Man Utd against different teams. The likes of Arsenal & Spurs will never when without the right attitude and a collection of leaders on the pitch. Chelsea is another good example, full of talented players, but if they don't fancy a game, they just don't turn up.

It's all about the attitude, get that right and your skill & talent can do the rest.

amazing how many empty seats there are at manchester city home games against a top 4 contender, especially considering how good they are to watch

More cluelessness from Wenger. Bellerin still in the team??? Iwobi... really??? And to cap it, our best player this season Kolasinac on the bench???

I am praying we lose every match so that at some point he will be sacked.

Liverpool should have been 3-0 up by now. Hope the misses don't come back to haunt us.

Utter shambles. I would be annoyed with my sons u10’s for defending (or lack of) for the 2nd goal let alone a premiership team.

Utter shambles. I would be annoyed with my sons u10’s for defending (or lack of) for the 2nd goal let alone a premiership team.

Good thing they just scored 3 goals in 5 minutes then, Wenger in? :D

On another note, my Son bought me a copy of "89" for my Birthday. Even if you're a Liverpool fan, it was the best end to a season ever. Great DVD if you're a Gooner :D

Will never forget that moment. I can picture sat in the lounge aged 15 and going mental when Thomas scored. Amazing moment.

Kane outscored Messi for the season, broken Shearers record, quality couple of hat tricks over Christmas.

Kane outscored Messi for the season, broken Shearers record, quality couple of hat tricks over Christmas.

As you would expect, I don't like Spurs, but Kane really is a world class striker, a proper English Centre Forward too. You have to wonder if Spurs will be able to hold on to him.

Will never forget that moment. I can picture sat in the lounge aged 15 and going mental when Thomas scored. Amazing moment.

I had actually forgotten that it was in injury time, for some reason thought it was about 85 minutes. Maybe it just seemed that way!! You have to go away to the best team in Europe, and beat them by 2 goals, you haven't won in two, and they scored 6 in their previous game.

As you would expect, I don't like Spurs, but Kane really is a world class striker, a proper English Centre Forward too. You have to wonder if Spurs will be able to hold on to him.
This season yes, next season with the new stadium yes, then it's all about the results

I had actually forgotten that it was in injury time, for some reason thought it was about 85 minutes. Maybe it just seemed that way!! You have to go away to the best team in Europe, and beat them by 2 goals, you haven't won in two, and they scored 6 in their previous game.

And I think Liverpool hadn't lost at home by 2 goals for something like 15 years!

Liverpool seem to have finally got Van Dijk for a possible £75m for a Defender. :eek: Going on how he has been playing this season worth nowhere that, if any Defender is. In one way I am hoping it was the failed summer move which affected his form, but then I don't like that something like that can affect a player. Coutinho was in the same position and put it behind him and has played as well as ever. For now anyway. ;) Time will tell if it is money well spent. :thinking:

If Van Dijk, can make a real difference in our defence, then he will be worth every penny. Yes, £75m for a defender is insane, but it that's what is needed then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back