The Football Thread - Season 2018/2019

Same old s**t - different manager!!!

Leno must be awful if Cech is starting ahead of him! How Xhaka is keeping Torreira out the team.... who knows?

Yes, I iknow we have played 2 of the top 5 teams, but looking at the same old mistakes and it will be a season of fighting it our with the likes of Everton or another surprise team like Palace for 6th/7th. Cant decide is Mustafi is poor, or the fact he is trying to cover for his so called defensive partners. Think it may be the latter as Bellerin and Monreal are average players at best.

How many of our players would get into any of the top 5?

Ramsey (who was on the bench???), Aubameyang.... that's about it!!
What did you expect with largely the same players! :thinking: The way Everton have started it will be hard to get near them if they have a good season. It wouldn't surprise me with a mid to lower finish looking at their games so far, and how little seems to have changed. Things may have to get worse before they can, hopefully for the fans, get better.

I must say it did amuse me when the Chel$ki fans were singing 'Are you Wenger in disguise?' :LOL:

After watching that game, Chel$ki may not have a good season too with defending like that. It's only a couple of games in though, and too early to judge too much.

I must say it did amuse me when the Chel$ki fans were singing 'Are you Wenger in disguise?' :LOL:

Or the Arsenal fans singing "Eden Hazzard is of to Madrid" :D

I can't understand why we have Torria on the bench, and Xhaka in the starting 11. Why did we buy Lichtsteiner if we are not going to play him? It's quite clear that Bellerin can't defend.

Still, let's see if the next two or three games can sort the mess out.

My guess is the new players havent bedded in or up to full premiership fitness/strength yet so are on the bench, alternatively the new "system" was never going to be a winning idea for the first two games and rather than get the new "stars" injured/despondent so early on in the season the manager decided to save them for a later day. Also he may be seeing what the older players (in terms of time at Arsenal) are like in a tough unlikely to win type situation and if not up to scratch hoof them out in Dec/Jan transfer window.
At best I would expect mid-table this season, anything more/higher is a bonus. Maybe a cup run if silver is desperately needed to save his neck.
I'm still a lot happier than Man U fans I think. What odds they have a new manager in the new year (if not before) :)
Lets just hope Arsenal dont sack theirs and try with Moanio

I'm still a lot happier than Man U fans I think. What odds they have a new manager in the new year (if not before) :)
I'm not sure what Utd fans think atm. From the outside it looks a mess, but they finished 2nd last year, so from a results pov anyway, not much wrong with the world. That said, I can't imagine having Moaninho in charge, it would be a nightmare for my team.

No wonder Spurs won't be ready for Liverpool... :D

KskrwNLY.jpg

COYS!
Great result against Man U yesterday. Also looks like we've sold/lent Sissoko out for the season.

Spurs starting 11 cost: £83 million.
Pogba cost: £86 million.

COYS!
Great result against Man U yesterday. Also looks like we've sold/lent Sissoko out for the season.

Spurs starting 11 cost: £83 million.
Pogba cost: £86 million.
Spurs must be so confident in their squad to not buy anyone, and now letting player go. It's working so far. ;) A very good win at Utd. :clap:

Did you see Moaninho's latest press conference walk out! :eek: It seems it doesn't matter what happens in the game because he has won more league titles than the rest of the league put together. :ROFLMAO:

Spurs must be so confident in their squad to not buy anyone, and now letting player go. It's working so far. ;) A very good win at Utd. :clap:

Did you see Moaninho's latest press conference walk out! :eek: It seems it doesn't matter what happens in the game because he has won more league titles than the rest of the league put together. :ROFLMAO:

The man's an idiot. How he had the cheek to call Wenger a failure when Wenger did it with very little money and in the era that Manure rained supreme... But it's about par for the corse for him, it always goes wrong in his 3rd season, he's shown that again & again.

Spurs downfall will come when they get a couple of injuries. Experience in this league says that when you chase the title, the FA cup and in a European competition, you need a big squad, Spurs have 13 or 14 players equipped for the task. But Leicester did a whole season with no serious injuries and went on to win it, so it can happen.

1. It’s
2. Impossible
3. To
4. Even
5. Begin
6. To
7. Predict
8. League
9. Positions
10. This early
11. In
12. Such
13. A
14. Competitive
15. League
16. Like
17. The
18. Premier
19. League
20. West Ham

Spurs downfall will come when they get a couple of injuries. Experience in this league says that when you chase the title, the FA cup and in a European competition, you need a big squad, Spurs have 13 or 14 players equipped for the task. But Leicester did a whole season with no serious injuries and went on to win it, so it can happen.

We've a pretty decent squad of players with cover across the pitch. I can't see too much of an issue here this season provided we keep the majority fit at the same time. Lamela, Rose, Winks, Wanyama all back and fit
It's not a bad squad at all
https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/teams/first-team/players/

You couldn't make it up!

We have actually found a manager as clueless as the last. Someone who it appears is happy to let Ramsey go in Jan? Really? Crazy decision.

Coleen?

Well. Despite the heroics Southgate has some questions to answer. Why rest so many players and have a midfield including both Rice and Delph? Worst of all was Stones. Needs to be dropped from the England squad.

Stones isn't good enough full stop. He's overconfident and thinks he's the new Bobby Moore, which he certainly isn't.

Not sure why we weren't playing with Lingard and Ali from the start. Barkley hardly starts for Chelsea so why was he playing in a tournament semi-final from the start?

Walker didn't look that hot either tonight....

I am not impressed with Pickford. Nothing wrong tonight to be fair aside from a few kicks, but think we should look at others.

Walker is a squad player at best. Same too Delph and Rice. Same old subs again, and the midfield was lacking.

Looked better when we bought on Henderson, he's certainly matured into a decent player. Agree with Pickford, he's a good shot stopper, but you need more than that from a modern goalkeeper.

Back