The Formula 1 / IndyCar Thread

The Austrian GP ruined by several things, including track limits , where Norris among others found it necessary to dob in all they could and Hamilton whining about the car.

On track limits, I find it interesting that Max was a unable to see the white line at the edge of the track, but was fully able to manage the DRS detection line whilst battling with Chuck Le Cluck.

That Max was so far ahead and could pit for softs on lap 69, get out in front of Charles and then set fastest lap on lap 71 whilst Checco starting from way down the grid managed to get 3rd, fully illustrates the advantage Red Bull curently have over the opposition. The circuit is a bit meh too. The Knockhill of F1 circuits.

However, the big motorsport news over the weekend for me was the loss of this young man at Spa. Tragic.

This is what was achieved on public roads in Germany in 1938 - 432.7 kph / 268.867 mph. The technology at the time was incredible.

Post Singapore.

I enjoyed that race, it just goes to show with RB out of the equation for the win, how competitive it is amongst the other teams. A bit gutted for George, he looked on for the win after the VSC.

Great entertainment today, for a change.

Post Singapore.

I enjoyed that race, it just goes to show with RB out of the equation for the win, how competitive it is amongst the other teams. A bit gutted for George, he looked on for the win after the VSC.

Great entertainment today, for a change.
Very smart driving by Sainz in the closing laps.

Very smart driving by Sainz in the closing laps.
Yes, he is an experienced driver and he & the team brought a strategic approach to those closing laps..........to affect the charging Mercedes cars. An unfortunate error for Russell but such is F1 racing;

Yes, he is an experienced driver and he & the team brought a strategic approach to those closing laps..........to affect the charging Mercedes cars. An unfortunate error for Russell but such is F1 racing;
I think Russell was sighting down the right hand side of Norris, so when Norris brushed the wall Russell clobbered it.

Post Japan ...............

yawn.

Exciting here and there but not right at the front.

Reactions: Nod
Back