The Fuji X-A1, X-A2, X-A3 & X-M1 thread

I almost went to it a few days ago when it was available :), let us know how you get on with it !

I'll post a few shots later if they've come out OK :)

Like the size of it, smaller than the 16-50 zoom... And like the quick access to aperture on the lens ring which I've never had before!

i went for the A1 in the end, need to get a couple of different lenses but i like it, nice and small, easy to carry, doesnt require a suitcase full of stuff..

panoramics is easy, i have some software somewhere, i think it was panasonic that cae with the gf1 that the wife nicked...worth a try with that

barry...very sharp lens is that!

barry...very sharp lens is that!

Yeh, pretty pleased with it on those initial shots! Heading to a friends wedding down in Leicestershire tomorrow night for Saturday and reckon this lens might be permanently attached :)

I'll stick the photos in my Flickr account when i get home. Oh, the photos above are JPEG's straight from camera too, done nothing to them.

So which is the best camera ? The XA-1 for £360 or the XM-1 fir £410 ??

Probably X-A1 based on those prices... The X-M1 used to be £360 too at the time I bought.

i bought the A1 cos im tight, and having read numerous reviews the only difference seems to be the sensor, and as i dont fuss about pixel peeping anymore (well..i say that but I know i'll end up doing it)

having both I would recommend the A unless you are using it as a second camera to another (X-Trans based sensor) fuji camera - I use the M (alongside, well usually in preference to, an X-Pro1) and my better half has the A, we've yet to find anything that suggests one is any better than the other

Straight from Camera Darren, or processed?

Anyone using a wireless shutter release? and if so which one? cheers

Anyone using a wireless shutter release? and if so which one? cheers

I'm using the official fuji jobbie - works perfectly, but pretty sure that 3rd party options would work just as well

Here's a couple of images from a recent trip, taken from the A4069 (Black Mountain Pass) - Fuji X-M1, XF 14mm

View attachment 15301 View attachment 15302

I came back that way from Brecon a couple of weeks ago. I don't sometimes realise whats on my doorstep along with the Gower, this is a about a 10 min drive for me. It looks as if your coming From Llangadog to Brynamman??? When I was working on a hotel in Llandovery a few years ago I was using this road every day for approx five months, some fantastic photo oportunities there. Also did you see any birds of prey if you stopped, they seem to frequent that area a lot.

bazfoster, some great shots using your 35mm 1.4, I'm seriously thinking about buying one ! :)

I need some help on AF speed, and display refresh rate on my X-A1. I've watched quite a few you tube videos of users and there X-A1, and am convinced my AF speed to slower, and LCD display while live viewing is really laggy, especially in low light. Is this normal for this model ? my X10 is far better in both departments, so wonder if I have a faulty camera ?

I need some help on AF speed, and display refresh rate on my X-A1. I've watched quite a few you tube videos of users and there X-A1, and am convinced my AF speed to slower, and LCD display while live viewing is really laggy, especially in low light. Is this normal for this model ? my X10 is far better in both departments, so wonder if I have a faulty camera ?

Is your firmware upto date??, sometimes the FW updates do make the camera seem faster.

i love having the 14mm fixed to my M :)

Alas the 14mm is beyond my budget at the moment. The 18 seems the obvious choice as it would make a nice compact set up to slip in my pocket but I fear it would be so similar to my EOS M with 22mm that it might not get much use. The 35 is very tempting for the wider aperture (is it useably sharp wide open?) and it would offer something a bit different to what I already have....

The 35mm is very sharp wide open, but focus is a bit pedestrian :)

Does your 35mm make quite a bit of noise when you turn the camera on and off? Mines a refurb and seems quite clunky, especially when turning on, but I've nothing to compare it with.

Fuji now have the free tele lens offer again on X-A1, X-M1 and X-E2 :), looks like I'll be buying another one to get the free lens ! ;-)

Just thinking out loud (will ring Fuji tomorrow), but I wonder if I can apply for the free lens deal with the X-M1, given that I've already taken advantage of the same deal the last time round with an X-E1? The T&Cs state that only one lens will be sent to each household, but is that per offer I wonder?

Just thinking out loud (will ring Fuji tomorrow), but I wonder if I can apply for the free lens deal with the X-M1, given that I've already taken advantage of the same deal the last time round with an X-E1? The T&Cs state that only one lens will be sent to each household, but is that per offer I wonder?

I took up an offer with X-pro 1,i was thinking about going for this new offer now i am wondering as well ?

Went for another X-A1, was tempted at getting the X-M1, but I may sell my other X-A1 kit ? bought it from Currys, its £359 with 2 year warranty, also did it via Quidco to should get 5% cashback (£18). Now to send off claim form, though I need camera serial number to complete the form !

Back