The Fuji X-A1, X-A2, X-A3 & X-M1 thread

Am wanting to buy a prime, can't decide between the 27mm 2.8 or 35mm 1.4 ?

The 35mm is excellent even if the AF is a bit slow, I really like the 27mm, as it makes the camera very pocketable. Difficult shout to choose between the two, but I would probably plumb for the 27mm, its usually on one of my camera bodies while the 35mm is often left at home.

Thanks for your feedback :), may well go for the 27mm ! Like the idea of a compact walk about camera X-A1 and a pancake lens ;-)

Thanks for your feedback :), may well go for the 27mm ! Like the idea of a compact walk about camera X-A1 and a pancake lens ;-)

I have the 27mm on my A1 all of the time, it's great for slipping into a pocket and the field of view is good for most things, very underated fuji lens this one.

Thought I'd share a few of my favorite shots I've taken so far with my X-A1 :)

DSCF0169.JPG

DSCF0173.JPG

DSCF1567.JPG

DSCF1501.JPG

DSCF1400.JPG

Contacted Fuji about the free lens, just wanted to check they received my application, and they did... but what friendly customer service ! they couldn't find me on there system, so the nice lady went through loads of applications waiting to be put on the system to try and find mine, which she did ! :banana:

Got excited as the Fuji 35mm 1.4 came back in stock on Fuji refurb site, only to find out they've increased the price to £349.99 !! :-( was £304.99.

Am loving the 50 - 230mm tele lens ! am amazed at how sharp the lens is :).. Here's a shot or two I took of a friendly Robin today :D

DSCF1101.JPG
DSCF1103.JPG

Last edited:
Does the X-M1 have the same focussing as the XPro, or does it have a more 'compact camera point and shoot' focussing style?

The AF has a few modes, the one I use is AF point select, where I cam select any of the 49 AF points. There's also a point amd shoot AF style where the camera decides the AF point is. You can also change the size of focal area box when in AF point select mode :)

Well - searching for a bit of info on the X-M1, I realised there were at least three separate threads on the subject, so i've merged them together, and i'll drop a link in the "all camera threads" post.

... and my ulterior motive for all the merging etc..

I'm thinking of picking up a X-M1, but also considering the possibility of using some of my older (but very nice) manual focus, manual everything lenses.

I can see fleabay has adaptors for the fuji-x mount to cope with Canon FD lens mount (which should cover me for the FD50mm f/1.4 S.S.C. and FD28mm f/2.8 S.C.) but there DOES seem to be something of a "price differential" between some of them - especially as they all seem pretty much to just be a tube with mounts on either end - no glass or "smarts" in there. Same with the Contax/Yashica adaptors and the Leica 39mm screw mounts...

Are there any "gotcha's" I need to look out for, am I wasting my time bothering, should I just buy the Fuji lenses instead ???

@TheBigYin, there's discussion of mount adapters in the X-E1/2 and X-Pro1 threads..

.. maybe it's about time a general Talk Fuji-X thread was started, a lot of the lens/accessory discussions are common to all the models in the range.

There are differences between the adapters, mostly related to build quality and how securely the lens/body attaches to the adapter. I can't speak for the FD-FX adapters, but I have come across significant build differences with m42-FX and QBM-FX adapters (with the QBM-FX adapter the differences included one make of adapter that won't allow you to stop down beyond about f/5.6 with most QBM lenses).

(ps, watch the Amazon lightning sales for the X-M1 two lens bundle plus the free telephoto from Fuji for £400)

I have a Fotodiox adapter for Minolta MD mount, it was about £25 and I can't fault it

Just purchased the X-M1 and first impressions are very good. Will take some getting used to but loving the lack of a heavy dslr every time I reach for a camera. Does anyone know if there are any compatibility issues with Canon YoungNuo triggers and flashguns. Not a major issue but would be good to know. Secondly any ideas on how long Fuji take to send the 50-230 lens? Thanks.

Back