The Gaffer

Interesting photo. The gaffer is wearing rather old fashioned clothes. The engine is an old fashioned steam engine, of the kind that now only exists because enthusiasts have renovated them, in some cases bringing them up to modern safety standards so they can run on today's railways. So I guess that the gaffer is deliberately wearing the kind of clothes that gaffers of the time would have worn.

Railway engine technology has improved a lot since then. It's such a shame that railway management practices have got so much worse.

Interesting photo. The gaffer is wearing rather old fashioned clothes. The engine is an old fashioned steam engine, of the kind that now only exists because enthusiasts have renovated them, in some cases bringing them up to modern safety standards so they can run on today's railways. So I guess that the gaffer is deliberately wearing the kind of clothes that gaffers of the time would have worn.

Railway engine technology has improved a lot since then. It's such a shame that railway management practices have got so much worse.
Thanks. Yes, as I say, it was a staged scene so the participants were suitably attired.

Lovely shot - the onloy thing I;d change is the number on the fron of the train. All of it or none of it. :)

Back