Wild The Glen of coe.

I think you had just the right sky. I really like the way your composition (whether intentional or accidental) has the jagged foreground rocks followed through by the jagged mountain profiles followed in turn by the jagged clouds. However the processing, particularly in the sky, looks overcooked.

Really like that composition, Chris. I agree it looks a smidgen over egged re saturation and I'd perhaps like a little more detail in the shadows

[emoji106]

Works for me.

Nice sky and just the right amount of movement in the water.

Lovely composition, but for me the processing is a tad overeager, and the result, a smidge dark.

I could live with the saturation and darkness but the halo around the hard edges of the mountains against the sky ruin it for me.

I agree about the processing but it really is a cracking composition and a viewpoint I'm not familiar with. Looks like all the information is there to give options with processing so well worth another stab at it. I disagree with you about the clouds as I think they are spot on for the image particularly the one imitating a third peak in between the two central peaks. What are the mountains called if you don't mind me asking.

Beautiful
For a landscape to work for me, it needs to make me look again and again.
This is telling me to pack my camera gear and get the car out of the garage.
Simply stunning.

I really like this overall and particularly the bottom part. The water movement is well executed and composition is lovely. It would be nice to have less contrast in the sky though (no dark grey clouds to be precise)

Thanks folks :)

It was not the ideal time to be shooting the scene, the light was harsh and the clouds were beginning to go. The scene was bright and vivid in my mind and I felt I had processed it accordingly, possibly a tad bright...unsure. The sky I am not happy with, when I began shooting there was less light and more clouds and I felt it worked better but I hadn't the composition at that time. The halo is certainly not there in the full size image, I dont know if its flickr or the smaller jpeg but I shall go back to the image tomorrow and see what else I can come up with.

Coe Part two. by Chris Marr, on Flickr

Back