The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Most of my cars haven't had an interior. One advantage though is things like electric windows and ABS seem like... magic and I can save money by buying the most basic model and it'll still have more goodies than I can play with :D

Looks like it's not advisable holding your breath for an A9 any time soon;

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-correction-sony-announcement-time/

Whilst SAR is a rumour site dealing in hearsay/speculation, it's hard to believe that Sony themselves don't prompt sites like it with vague 'rumours' to maintain interest, particularly in a mythical A9-type body that's been getting banded around for the last 12 months with no actual hard facts about it.

Looks like it's not advisable holding your breath for an A9 any time soon;

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-correction-sony-announcement-time/

Whilst SAR is a rumour site dealing in hearsay/speculation, it's hard to believe that Sony themselves don't prompt sites like it with vague 'rumours' to maintain interest, particularly in a mythical A9-type body that's been getting banded around for the last 12 months with no actual hard facts about it.

Your right, I very much doubt we will see a Pro-body Sony A9 this year and Sony's "big" announcement for 2016 was the A99 II.
I still believe we'll see a Sony A9 early next year Q1/Q2 but I think it will be something much more than a E-mount A99 II.
I think it will have a brand new sensor guess all good things come to those who wait....... I am hoping for Jedi like AF tracking abilities that surpasses DSLR's.

Last edited:
I'd be very surprised if the A9 doesn't come to pass. The guys at Luminous Landscape seem well connected and well informed and they mentioned a while ago that there was something on the way and of course there's the assumptions we make based on the lenses they're introduced which seem to be designed with something a bit special in mind. All in all I think it's just a matter of time.

I think it's very probable that Sony will up their game a bit with some enticing new kit as we're seeing good upmarket cameras from Fuji, Panasonic and Olympus and of course the MF offerings. I wonder if Sony will do an MF? It seems odd that Fuji and Hassy are doing MF with Sony sensors and Sony aren't.

It's interested that Sony seem to be doing a product a month :D so I suppose the A9 could be announced this year, who knows :D

I'd guess it's more profitable for Sony to just sell the sensors to Hasselblad/Fuji/Phase One/Pentax and then they don't have the additional R&D/Production costs of a completely new system with associated lenses. Realistically, it probably makes more financial sense to just make the profit on the sensors and leave those companies to fight out for the niche market.

Sony are meant to be already supporting an APS-C and FF line of cameras in mirrorless and FF. Some lines barely get any attention as it is.

Adding MF to that mix, just imagine...

Sony are meant to be already supporting an APS-C and FF line of cameras in mirrorless and FF. Some lines barely get any attention as it is.

Adding MF to that mix, just imagine...

Yes there is that :D

The A6xxx range looks attractive but there don't seem to be any f2.8 zooms and the lenses I'd be most interested in are (for me) verging on unsuitable or suitable but from a geeky point of view rather... uninspiring.

I suppose they can't do everything. I read somewhere that none of the camera companies has the resources to do more than two or three lenses a year and I suppose by that they mean to do them well. I've never read how many bodies they can do a year though but maybe Sony could go for the record :D

Last edited:
Sony could do a new line for the APS-C bodies... Sony G Junior lenses... :D
12-24mm f2.8 GJ
17-55mm f2.8 GJ
55-210mm f2.8 GJ
1.4/2.0x TC

Great stuff.

I'll be interested to hear what you think even if you can't post any pictures.

I'll just have the odd half day to myself here and there until my next holiday which will be Thailand but it's been put back to April.

Quick snap at the entrance to a temple and park of some sort... The main subject is a little small in the frame but you might see him in the 100% crop :D I just thought it was funny, a little bird sat on the dragons tooth :D

And another, at the seaside, "Take our picture with the rock" they said. I could only stand in the one place so I couldn't do much with the composition. The rock is famous but I'm not sure exactly why :D

Last edited:
I now have some wedding photos on my site of a wedding I shot as a second (backup) photographer www.rizvanphotography.com
I know there are far too many black and white photos vs. coloured and that the arrangement might be off.
I rarely get time these days since having the little one and working in IT.

Open to bad and good comments on the site & photos welcome.

Most of the photos of the wedding were shot with the Batis 85mm f1.8 and 25mm f2.0

Speaking as someone who is getting married in 2017 and also enjoys talking photo equipment.... the average person (such as my other half) couldn't care less what kit you use. You should talk about your photography style rather than the kit, and should use your full name as well. Plus the photo of you should not have a massive camera covering your face!

Speaking as someone who is getting married in 2017 and also enjoys talking photo equipment.... the average person (such as my other half) couldn't care less what kit you use. You should talk about your photography style rather than the kit, and should use your full name as well. Plus the photo of you should not have a massive camera covering your face!

Cheers for the tips.... I am going to get around to tweaking the as soon as I get a free moment. :)

I now have some wedding photos on my site of a wedding I shot as a second (backup) photographer www.rizvanphotography.com
I know there are far too many black and white photos vs. coloured and that the arrangement might be off.

Great stuff.

About the face camera shot... I can see JYC's point and I think that a picture of YOU on YOUR blog might be a good idea but I like that shot with you with the camera to your eye too and I think that you should keep it... maybe a nice shot of you at the top or your introduction and the face camera shot at the bottom? Or vice versa :D

PS.
I think there are some very touching shots on that page, you've obviously spotted and captured some lovely moments of interaction.

Last edited:

ME TOO!

Is it something about Sony A7's that attracts the ladies...:D

To be fair though owen is probably too busy taking lovely pictures and rookies Mrs has probably looked him in his bedroom (to stop him buying any more new kit.)

lol @ woof woof I have been very very busy :) I am just starting to quieten down a bit so will have more of an online presence again soon ;-)

ah, I'll look forward to your posts knowing that my shots will look ever more ordinary once you're back :(

I rarely get time these days since having the little one and working in IT.

Open to bad and good comments on the site & photos welcome.

Most of the photos of the wedding were shot with the Batis 85mm f1.8 and 25mm f2.0

Well done with the wedding mate. Not so sure about the cap though ;)

Can we remove the a9 from the thread title? #partypooper

Yup. No problem but if we do that I might only have to put it back in February or January or November or... tomorrow :D

You sure? If you want it gone I'll take it out :D

I just thought that as we've spent time speculating about it and waiting for it (the A9) I'd include it in the title but we can wait and speculate without it. So...

5 - 4 - 3 - 2- 1- GONE!!!!!

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaaaannny way.

Not that I'm itching to spend as I haven't bought any new toys recently :D but what would an A7II give me over my original?

Has anyone gone from A7 to A7II?

Back