The Holy Island of Lindisfarne

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
The Holy Island of Lindisfarne

Travelled further up north to The Holy Island of Lindisfarne in Northumberland. Where the Lindisfarne Castle is sited atop the volcanic mound. The most distinct and picturesque feature of the Island and can be seen for many miles around.
I also tested the new and improved 10 stop ND filter from ProgreyUSA which claims minimal to no colour shift.
Shot with Nikon D810 + Nikkor 16-35 f4 with Progrey 10 Stop ND + 3 Stop ND
ISO 64 | f22 | 309 secs​

That's a nice shot John, well composed with a good lead-in from the path and a nice sky.(y)

My only crit' would be that small light patch on about the bottom left thirds (probably a puddle) that is distracting and could have been cloned out.

George.

That's a nice shot John, well composed with a good lead-in from the path and a nice sky.(y)

My only crit' would be that small light patch on about the bottom left thirds (probably a puddle) that is distracting and could have been cloned out.

George.

Thanks George, you are right, that's a puddle :)

Great... Can you confirm number of seconds duration please?

@Light Tower One, 309 secs = 5 minutes 9 seconds :)

That is a long time. Thanks

Yes @Light Tower One, I specifically did a long time exposure on this to test the 10 Stop ND filter from ProgreyUSA for any light leak or colour cast. You can read more on the test I conducted for this particular filter on this link: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/progrey-10-stop-nd-filter.591718/

Lovely composition John, I rather like the scene here. I personally think this would make a very nice mono conversion.

Thanks for the suggestion @Neil Burnelll, I will try that one :)

Back