The horsehead and Flame nebula.

Why have I not looked in here before? Stunning, awesome and if I could spell it supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, I shall study this section much more closely from now.

Thanks Martin - I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it :) If you are interested there's a few more images on my website too :)

Really excellent photos. Well worth looking at the large versions on Flickr - they look incredible in full screen view (F11).

Stunning image! Fascinating detail and shows how amazing our universe is.
Really excellent photos. Well worth looking at the large versions on Flickr - they look incredible in full screen view (F11).

Many thanks Matt and Giles........ I'm planning on taking a full moon picture this month so that I can give people some idea of scale to the size of these....... a full moon overlay would really surprise people (me included!) at the size of some of these nebulae :)

This is quite humbling. Whilst we may take pride in what we do, it’s essential that we remember our place in the universe.

This is quite humbling. Whilst we may take pride in what we do, it’s essential that we remember our place in the universe.

Thanks Adrian, I'm thrilled that you like it. These images certainly give me a sense of perspective with how small we really are..... When you see pictures with literally thousands of galaxies in it...... wow, mind blowing!

Understand. I have been building up my macro gear lately. At least it is not weather dependent. :runaway:

Thanks Mike. I've lost my mojo recently.... the observatory hasn't been open in over a year...... :(

Nooooooo that's so sad. I started out 3 months ago and am currently using a HEQ5 Pro, 72EDF and a 6" RC. I have two cameras, the QHY268c and the Altair Astro 269c, both OSC. I am totally hooked and really want to build my own little observatory or shed to work from

Understand. I have been building up my macro gear lately. At least it is not weather dependent. :runaway:
I sold all my normal camera stuff years ago to pay for some telescope or another!!! I enjoyed macro stuff (y)

Nooooooo that's so sad. I started out 3 months ago and am currently using a HEQ5 Pro, 72EDF and a 6" RC. I have two cameras, the QHY268c and the Altair Astro 269c, both OSC. I am totally hooked and really want to build my own little observatory or shed to work from

I'm sure you'll stay hooked for years! An observatory makes so much difference .... Good luck :)

Back