The horsehead and Flame nebula.

I know that I have commented on this before, but every time I see this image, I am literally amazed.

As someone who has not followed astronomy since childhood and who is complete novice photographer I wouldn't have thought that such a photo would have been possible outside of professional astronomy.

This is without doubt one of the best images I have seen posted on this forum and possibly the best.

Simply incredible.

I know that I have commented on this before, but every time I see this image, I am literally amazed.

As someone who has not followed astronomy since childhood and who is complete novice photographer I wouldn't have thought that such a photo would have been possible outside of professional astronomy.

This is without doubt one of the best images I have seen posted on this forum and possibly the best.

Simply incredible.

Thanks for your kind words...... I'm thrilled that you like it. This picture has been something a little different from my usual style and colours so it's been interesting to see peoples thoughts on it

Wow totally wow

I am utterly and absolutley in awe of the skill there... it's just amazing.

Superb image, just had a look at your Flickr account and all of your images are astounding, I particularly like Heart of the Heart nebula, that is one cracking image.

Superb image, just had a look at your Flickr account and all of your images are astounding, I particularly like Heart of the Heart nebula, that is one cracking image.

Many thanks for your kind words.... I. Glad that you enjoyed my Flickr stream. There's loads more information on my website if you're interested

Breathtaking!

Thanks!!

Just remarkable.

WHOA!!

That is AMAZING!

It's my favourite, I like to look at Orion when I am outside, but usually look at pictures of the Horsehead Nebula.

You took that photo yourself? WOW!

WHOA!!

That is AMAZING!

It's my favourite, I like to look at Orion when I am outside, but usually look at pictures of the Horsehead Nebula.

You took that photo yourself? WOW!

I sure did take the picture myself...... if you are interested check out my website as I've got quite a lot of info on there how it's done.

I gave up on 'normal' photography when I moved out to Spain..... I got hooked on astro

Like most people I keep coming back to see such an amazing image that NASA can’t compete with. Your talent is stunning.
Many thanks for sharing.

Awesome photography, but wow, 29 hours of shots over more than twelve months :eek:

I need to get out more at night!

Such a powerful image, almost frightening when you really study it!

Awesome photography, but wow, 29 hours of shots over more than twelve months :eek:

I need to get out more at night!

I find that the more data I have the easier it is to process....as I like an easy life I generally pile in the data where I can.... others take different approaches!!

Such a powerful image, almost frightening when you really study it!

Thanks! Glad that you like it

Why have I not looked in here before? Stunning, awesome and if I could spell it supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, I shall study this section much more closely from now.

Back