The Isolation Thread

Have painted the garage door, cleared out old paperwork and shredded the lot, four bags worth! Also for any Airfix fans out there, I've completed the Fokker Dr.1 triplane and waiting for some supplies to finish of the Battle of Britain Lancaster Bomber. Next is going to be the Messerschmidt and Sopwith Camel. Earlier on this year I proudly put the Wallace and Gromit sidecar, bike and plane from a Close Shave next to the antipesto van from the curse of the wererabbit in a display cabinet and have had builders in that are more interested in them than pricing up work..a cracking job eh Gromit?

Also for any Airfix fans out there, I've completed the Fokker Dr.1 triplane and waiting for some supplies to finish of the Battle of Britain Lancaster Bomber. Next is going to be the Messerschmidt and Sopwith Camel.

Do you use an airbrush by any chance?

Yes, I've been getting better at it but found that acrylic paints thinned down to about 50/50 with thinner have been more successful. I'm waiting for some clear gloss and matt finish along with decal fix to arrive, it's a learn as you go process. I'm still learning but getting there!

Yes, I've been getting better at it but found that acrylic paints thinned down to about 50/50 with thinner have been more successful. I'm waiting for some clear gloss and matt finish along with decal fix to arrive, it's a learn as you go process. I'm still learning but getting there!

I remember building the Lancaster, my late Dad was in Bomber Command and spoke fondly of that plane.
Always had a problem on that model getting the wings to fix securely on the fuselage.
Think they were a bit weighty if not supported by the undercarriage.

Sound like you are having good fun, brings back many happy memories

I've been thinking about getting an airbrush for my lure making. At the moment I use the type of acrylic painters use and applying with a sponge.

It's finding a small compressor at a good price that's the issue.

Thank you! Yes the wings did fall off a couple of times but perserverence won, I'm glad you have had some happy memories building the models and of your late dad, what he did can never be forgotten.

I've been thinking about getting an airbrush for my lure making. At the moment I use the type of acrylic painters use and applying with a sponge.

It's finding a small compressor at a good price that's the issue.
I have one I brought from a model shop a little while ago and it is model number ab602. The label on the front is from expotools if you wanted to look it up, it goes up to 100psi but I think I'd blow the model out the window on that! I'd usually use it at about 20 psi and spray on a bit of paper first to get rid of any spots.

Wifey just had operation so can't lift her arms.
However she can still instruct & direct. So.
Gardening
Ironing.
Gardening
Hoovering
Gardening
Washing
Gardening
Cooking
etc. etc.
She likes "her" gardening.

I'm now stuck in the bedroom since developing a cough. Guess I'll be catching up on supernatural and house, and maybe mucking about with a camera once my darling wife brings my laptop upstairs

Wow i never knew we had so many virus experts on youtube.oops-emoticon-vector-17648785.jpg

I never knew my SO was in fact a closet bottomless dustbin.
I'm furloughed, she's councilled (made up word) and this nothing to do, nowhere to go stasis has been a real eyeopener.
I expected not to be eating as much since I do not require the same calorific input I do when I'm working but if anyone is pushing that idea off a cliff, its her.
I hope its not boredom because we're only a week in, I do not want to go back to work 5 stone heavier than when I left...:grumpy:

home haircut is looming too...:rolleyes:

Back