Critique The Kelpies at the twilight hour

Wow really impressive capture, beautiful light, I will get to see them one day

Reactions: ST4
I am there on saturday.. any idea what time they turn lights OFF.. all I can find is an hr after dark to rurn on.. seems a bit hit/miss ? Going to see them in daylight then go back in evening.. but dont want too late if lights off?

I am there on saturday.. any idea what time they turn lights OFF.. all I can find is an hr after dark to rurn on.. seems a bit hit/miss ? Going to see them in daylight then go back in evening.. but dont want too late if lights off?

Still on last night just before midnight as I passed, I've never really paid attention to the timings though.

Still on last night just before midnight as I passed, I've never really paid attention to the timings though.

oh thats great.. so long as not just an hr or so.. will catch them easy then.. ta

Very nice, something a bit different, I do like this.

You want to go before midnight, around 1130pm the ambient light in the sky will be too low to get a good balance of light. Arrive around 30mins after sunset and shoot around 40mins

Really nice shot Steve, great timing with some light still in the sky, and a nice fairly close crop.(y)

George.

Nice Steve, good to see no pylons and seperation between them.

Nice shot. Surprised you never went for a reflection shot though ;)

Was blowing a bit of a wind like. I've done the reflection shot before. The amount of "street furniture" like railings, steps, pylons make it a PITA.

Reckon this place will suit a grey dark cloudy day with the steely structures contrasting against a black sky

Probably up your street mate such conditions and tie it in with the forth bridge

Aye, I've only been once, middle of the day as popped in when passing....found the whole place too messy for my liking...so got up close with the 14mm Samyang....i'll start a thread with the pic :)

Looks like the peak light and good arrangement with getting the separation (a lot of people don't!).

Back