The light after the storm

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
I looked out of the window last night to see black clouds a bright light so I headed out to get a shot.

It lasted a good while so I managed to get to a a field where I could have a pleasent foregorund with the Lake district fells in the distance but I have to say the fells that are showing look small but I ma happy for a quick grab.

Sunshine after the storm by Alf Branch, on Flickr

The next field along looking west

Last rays of sun by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?

Very dramatic sky composition in #1.
What do you think?
In both cases, I think as dramatic renditions
would be possible without the over PP.

I really like No1 Alf, that is so dramatic with the cloud almost flaring up in front of you. Nice work again(y)

Very dramatic sky composition in #1.

In both cases, I think as dramatic renditions
would be possible without the over PP.

Thanks for that Daniel

I really like No1 Alf, that is so dramatic with the cloud almost flaring up in front of you. Nice work again(y)

Thanks Steve

number 1 is tremendous

Thanks Heath

Love the first one alf

Thanks Stuart Thursday never turned into anything much though.

That first image , wow

Thanks Chris

No 1 for me too Alf ( I still hate you though) :p:p:p:p

Les :D

The feeling is mutual Les :bat::thinking::hug:

Indeed Alf well with the nip out.

Thanks Kevin I was surprised the light it lasted as long as it did

Cracking shots, number 2 has a nice sky, but number 1 for me, the very dramatic sky is excellent and the lighting of the field adds another dimension :)

Another vote for #1 from me. The light is superb with boundary between the grass and the trees leading into the hills in the distance. The sky just adds additional punch and mood.

Very Dramatic Alf first shot fantastic

Ignore comments about over PP as the Great Photographer Ansel Adams quoted You don't take a photograph, you make it

Thanks Jim
I like that quote and having read some of his books I see the reasons he said and I feel he would love digital photography

Cracking shots, number 2 has a nice sky, but number 1 for me, the very dramatic sky is excellent and the lighting of the field adds another dimension :)

Thanks And

Another vote for #1 from me. The light is superb with boundary between the grass and the trees leading into the hills in the distance. The sky just adds additional punch and mood.

Glad you like it Mark

Very nice!

Thanks James

1st is very nice Alf, stunning light.

Thanks Neil I appreciate that

Back