The Military in Action

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Was very fortunate to see close up the Military taking part in a small Ex with troops and Flying Machines including Lynx Apache & Chinook Helicopters
one of my best days out in many years
ZD277-XL.jpg

SQUADDIE%20sniper%20BW-XL.jpg

IMG_8558-XL.jpg

Apache%20q-01%20SPADEADAM-XL.jpg

5DCP9209-XL.jpg

D-663%20Banked-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking in Chris

2, 4 and 6 are my favs great shots :)

Nice captures Chris, Really liking 2,4 & 6. you must be well chuffed.

I live on the edge on the Stanford Training Ground, known as the Battle Area. I'am always seeing the Troop movements, choppers and aircraft coming in low over our house, so used to it, i don't know why i don't take some shots myself.

Seeing yours has inspired me.
Thanks for sharing.

What set up were you using ?

Last edited:
Number 2 stands out as the best for me, I think it's because I have just finished reading a book about Vietnam.

Well done
Sam

these are good 2 is a classic,well done.

its a while since i fast roped out of a helicopter,

the last it was dry,we had a lot of dust so we couldnt see the ground nor could the pilot.
my rifle sling snapped,my GPMG hit the deck i prayed the pilot had us at the right hight or we where all in trouble...
i am still here so all good :LOL:

good times :D

cheers guys
gear used Canon 40d and 5d3 bodies 70-200 F2.8IS also 300mm F2,8IS with and witout a converter on it
Rocket I do hope you get to Stanford Training Ground and post some up on here
thanks
Chris

Looks like the 70-200 has worked well. Don, t need to travel as the area is just over the hedge. Must get some shoots when they next have there spurg.(y)

They are all excellent, particularly #2 and #6! Did you get invited along to the training session?

the Military were taking part in an Exercise and held a media day which I attended and was not really expecting to see the Soldiers in action
but it was great Guns and Choppers for 2 hours solid took about 300 pics in total and without doubt one of my most enjoyable days out ever
if you looks at the guy firing in image 5 you can actually see the spent bullet case ejecting from his gun

Superb examples.:)

2 & 4 are my favourites. Sorry to thread butt but I LOL'd at number 6 because I have an inside view of that shot...

Landscape10.png

Well not *that* shot but very similar. Ahhh made me laugh ;)

Back