The Modern World

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
CRW_9562.jpg

"The Modern World"

Think it works? I've been told it might be saying too much. I think its open to interpretation :D But I'm still not sure. Need to get it right.

Steve said:
It's a little political..was that your aim?

Yer :) I'm putting the themes out there, and letting people decide what I'm trying to say. What I'm feeling is that America is the terrorist of the modern world and our freedom is paid for in blood.

interesting imagery, dont know how it would pan out in the competition though TBH, its certainly a departure from the night scenes that everyone else seems to have settled with.

If it were my image i would have had the words swapped, so freedom is in print and terrorism is in blood, and i might have tweaked the flag so it wasnt straight.

Some people might think its saying too much, equally though many people might get what you mean also.

whats the effect you have used on the picture?

EosD said:
interesting imagery, dont know how it would pan out in the competition though TBH, its certainly a departure from the night scenes that everyone else seems to have settled with.

If it were my image i would have had the words swapped, so freedom is in print and terrorism is in blood, and i might have tweaked the flag so it wasnt straight.

Some people might think its saying too much, equally though many people might get what you mean also.

whats the effect you have used on the picture?

Its uniquiness is one thing it has :) Effects wise I did the lomo effect, and boosted the levels a bit and things. It was shot at a high ISO so I would get a nice amount of noise.

i didnt see your reply to steve while i was doing mine, the image fits your idea perfectly, you have to hope that the judges get your meaning straight away!

Send them a link to the forums, i cant post one on OC, i will get banned, lol

where might i find this Lomo effect?

EosD said:

No I think this way round works well, terrorism demand notes taken from the type of a paper and the symbolism of freedom coming at the cost of bloodshed.

Very effective as an image but as a photograph.....???

EosD said:
i didnt see your reply to steve while i was doing mine, the image fits your idea perfectly, you have to hope that the judges get your meaning straight away!

Send them a link to the forums, i cant post one on OC, i will get banned, lol

So far everyone I've shown it to hasn't quite got the idea thats in my head, so it could be tricky :)

EosD said:
where might i find this Lomo effect?

Here.

it IS a very good image, though as you say, its clear to you, and once explained its very easy to see what you were doing, but its that moment when the judges look at the image, will they get it?

I thought a nice new modern light up globe would be good, but going by the complete lack of comments from anyone i doubt it will do that well..

Steve said:
EosD said:

No I think this way round works well, terrorism demand notes taken from the type of a paper and the symbolism of freedom coming at the cost of bloodshed.

Very effective as an image but as a photograph.....???

True. Its an image, and technically a photograph. But the line is blurry :)

EosD said:
it IS a very good image, though as you say, its clear to you, and once explained its very easy to see what you were doing, but its that moment when the judges look at the image, will they get it?

I thought a nice new modern light up globe would be good, but going by the complete lack of comments from anyone i doubt it will do that well..

Knowing TerraS as I do, he'll probably not get it ;) So far no-one has without me explaining so I guess thats my fault :)

yeah i agree, good piccy, as i sais on oc, its down to the judges, technically its not as complex as most of teh others(being night shots) but theme and wow should do well

And another update :)

CRW_9625%20copy.jpg

Hopefully the idea should be clear enough. Better than the last?

that be the blood of the innocent? cool idea if it is!

Should be very interesting, Steves on his hols now, so you will have to settle for whoever dribbles in today.

My personal opinion is the second picture has better impact, this one requires thought but it is good nonetheless. I wonder what the judges would think? 2 of them are new to it, so it will be interesting!

Personally i'm happy with my shot, its not a massive in your face shot, but its not too bad!

EosD said:
that be the blood of the innocent? cool idea if it is!

Should be very interesting, Steves on his hols now, so you will have to settle for whoever dribbles in today.

My personal opinion is the second picture has better impact, this one requires thought but it is good nonetheless. I wonder what the judges would think? 2 of them are new to it, so it will be interesting!

Personally i'm happy with my shot, its not a massive in your face shot, but its not too bad!

Yer its the blood of the innocent :) The reason for this one is because its more of a photograph than the last, technically speaking. Depth of field, an attempt at rule of thirds, etc :)

A slightly better angle so you can see Iran, Afganistan and just about make out Iraq.

CRW_9658.jpg

yes technically it is much stronger, though your thumb is distracting!

*edit*
second one, super!!!

EosD said:
yes technically it is much stronger, though your thumb is distracting!

*edit*
second one, super!!!

Hmm, you think I should crop out my thumb? I wasn't sure whether to leave it in or not as it could be seen as the thumb of power, or something :)

I think I got it :)

Edit, no i don't. Thats blood over Africa.... :(

CRW_9722.jpg

K I think thats my final answer :)

Back