The Mump

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
I like it Les and I think the PP works well, but the bottom is a wee bit much for my taste and I'm wondering if a crop might help the shot? I'm guessing not for you as you've made a very clear compositional choice here, but just a thought.

Thanks all for the comments- I like the composition and the PP- but each to their own I guess

Les

Neither of them are steep.........................
I'm not usually keen on black and white landscapes but that's a very different take on it Lez. I can see I need to think more laterally next time I'm there.

Love it Les! Really like the PP work you have done here, but I'm a sucker for B&W conversions especially when they are moody like this. The only it of the photo I'm not keen on is the white/blown sky in the distance, it detracts from the church a little IMO.

Love it Les! Really like the PP work you have done here, but I'm a sucker for B&W conversions especially when they are moody like this. The only it of the photo I'm not keen on is the white/blown sky in the distance, it detracts from the church a little IMO.

Thank you Neil, the sky was indeed a problem, I may go back to The Mump again, its a 10 min walk from my House

Les

Love it Les! Great POV and an excellent conversion.

Thank you Nick, Glad you liked it

The POV and the converging lines of the hill and cloud make this a great shot.Really dramatic in B&W.

Cheers Duncan, The colour version was a bit dull to be honest

Yep great composition love it.

Gaz

Thank you Gaz, that's the beauty of a 10mm lens

Very dramatic Les. I like it

Thank you Peter, 10 minutes later the heavens opened and I had to make haste back to the Car

Great drama in the shot. Processing suits the scene. Well done.

Thank you Simon

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Good angle on this well-known location, makes it a little less 'usual'.
I think the conversion works extremely well on the sky but, as is often the case with grass, it has come out with a very rough texture.

I love the "moodiness" in this.
B/W works great here and I also like the "almost" reflection of the tones of the sky on the ground.
Well done!

Thank you

Good angle on this well-known location, makes it a little less 'usual'.
I think the conversion works extremely well on the sky but, as is often the case with grass, it has come out with a very rough texture.

I agree 100% Roger- just a mess around in Photoshop CS 5 see what I could come up with, not used my 10-20mm Lens for some time
so thought I'd give it a go- I actually had to sit on wet grass to get this shot :eek:

Back