The Needle

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
First light on The Needle on the Isle of Skye a week gone Sunday. We got very lucky with the conditions on our first morning on Skye last week. The light was just stunning after getting up here for sunrise, but it was a wee bit later when this image was captured with a passing rain and hail storm really softening the sky. I'm glad my mate decided to head back down a bit giving some real scale to the scene too.

The Needle by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Wonderful Martin

Print, frame and hang.

Awesome Martin. We don't have to travel all that far for epicness.

Oh that's a beauty
Beautiful
Stunning shot.
Wonderful Martin
Print, frame and hang.
Picture frame, Stunning
Awesome Martin. We don't have to travel all that far for epicness.
Stunning!!!!
Thanks folks, thought I'd replied but clearly not!

Outstanding Martin, read your story on FB. A case of mind over matter and having the drive to do it. That drive has completely left me this year.
Looking at this and pictures of the same ilk often makes me wonder why some denigrate the UK landscape as dull or boring.
Thanks Scott mate. I guess your drive is on the build this year though, once it's done I'm sure you'll be back out with the camera :) The UK has SO much to offer when it comes to the diversity of it's landscapes and coastlines that I've never really wanted to travel abroad for it. The odd exception being Canada for example, otherwise stick me in a house for a week in the Highlands and I'm good to go :)

Back