The New Doctor......

Well, that's going to upset Peter Purves!

Can't be any worse than Peter Capaldi.

Let's be right about it there has not been a proper Doctor Who since Tom Baker. Kids today I don't know! :exit:

Let's be right about it there has not been a proper Doctor Who since Tom Baker. Kids today I don't know! :exit:

Tom Baker was not a proper Doctor - that finished with Jon Pertwee. ;)

Perhaps we could have Emilia Clarke as the next James Bond?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nod
I liked David Tennant, Tom Baker and Chris wotsisname. Good luck to her.

Tom Baker was not a proper Doctor - that finished with Jon Pertwee. ;)

Perhaps we could have Emilia Clarke as the next James Bond?
James Bond is a bloke called James Bond.

The Doctor is a time travelling shape shifting alien.

One of those should clearly be played by a bloke, the other could possibly be any species or gender, real or imagined.

She's gorgeous and from Yorkshire, what's not to like :)

Was hoping it would be Ray Winstone, about time the doctor was a hard case rather than the usual wimpy fop.

James Bond is a bloke called James Bond.

The Doctor is a time travelling shape shifting alien.

One of those should clearly be played by a bloke, the other could possibly be any species or gender, real or imagined.

She's gorgeous and from Yorkshire, what's not to like :)

Emilia Clarke is apparently fireproof and is still going in a series where everyone else dies - and is both lovely and British too. Given there was a suggestion that Idris Elba got the part, this seems entirely more reasonable.

The Doctor will always be a bloke, even if he's apparently borrowing a woman's body. ;)

yeah that last ancient grey wa rubbish fit bird could be interesting.

I liked Tennant, remember Hartnell too .
Might look in and see if the story line has got any better and see if she is any good, couldn't stand Capaldi or many of his predecessors.
Matt

I vaguely recall going to see a Dr Who film when I was a kid, but I can't remember anything about it! Anyone?

Dr Who and the Daleks 1965, and Daleks Invasion Earth 1966 both with Peter Cushing as the Doctor

I vaguely recall going to see a Dr Who film when I was a kid, but I can't remember anything about it! Anyone?

If you're talking the 60's...
Dr Who & the Daleks.
Peter Cushing.

Edit...beaten to it :LOL:

I totally lost interest while Peter Capaldi was the doctor.
Peter Capaldi was ok as the doctor, my loss of interest was down to the storyline seemingly being repeated in every episode of the last series. It got very boring very quick.

I thought the best of the recent Doctors was Christopher Ecclestone, partly because the storylines showed the dark side of the doctor

20045543_359415107812520_5206020841064916398_o.jpg

I thought the best of the recent Doctors was Christopher Ecclestone, partly because the storylines showed the dark side of the doctor

Only one I liked and for the same reason as you, chemistry with Ms Piper was good too.

DDuMxeKVoAAmIly.jpg

Back