The Official Cupography thread

Utter genius. One of the funniest things I've seen in ages.

Recursive Cupography - now i've seen it all!!

Fantastic - just fan-flippin-tastic !!

Nearly missed the cuplets ;)... very good Vicky... Sure looks like Cobra from the other pics of him I've seen on here :D

Possibly the single most inspiring thread i have spluttered coffe out at in ages thank you ... pssst do not tell the cups
:clap: bravo great minds you have

So glad this thread had continued to stay alive thanks to Tori_T, I keep meaning to get creative but since selling my camera gear to pay bills have been working hard to try replace it and had no time! Bloody brilliant stuff here though!

Down but not out! Bit of fun at work, taken on my HTC Sensation:

2012-05-02231537.jpg

Last edited:
hi every one i have just joined here and just starting out getting my first camera in a couple of days and starting my first course in a couple of weeks any tips welcome and any tips on any think that i would need for starting out

Sarah what background is that please? Want something to give some bokeh balls with my studio setup!

:D

Sarah what background is that please? Want something to give some bokeh balls with my studio setup!

That was exactly what I bought that for - and the coffee cups seemed a good experiment to try it out.
It's actually black sari fabric covered in shiny sequiny bits. I was hoping that I'd get some nice bokeh effects with the reflected light, but still need a bit more playing around to perfect it.

It was very cheap from EBay - I'll see if I can find a link for you.

EDIT : Here you go - different seller but it looks like the same thing : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Midnight-...Crafts_Fabric_Textiles_SM&hash=item58923248ae
Thinking of getting some in gold too.

:D

That was exactly what I bought that for - and the coffee cups seemed a good experiment to try it out.
It's actually black sari fabric covered in shiny sequiny bits. I was hoping that I'd get some nice bokeh effects with the reflected light, but still need a bit more playing around to perfect it.

It was very cheap from EBay - I'll see if I can find a link for you.

EDIT : Here you go - different seller but it looks like the same thing : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Midnight-...Crafts_Fabric_Textiles_SM&hash=item58923248ae
Thinking of getting some in gold too.

Excellent! Been looking for a cost effective way of getting some bokehlicious backgrounds and thats even cheaper than I envisaged lol. Thanks for the link, really appreciate it.

Love the new stuff from Sarah and Vicky :LOL: So cool to see this thread is still being added to, we need more people to discover cupography and get involved! I've promised myself a camera this summer as a treat for finishing my first year of college! :nuts:

Excellent! Been looking for a cost effective way of getting some bokehlicious backgrounds and thats even cheaper than I envisaged lol. Thanks for the link, really appreciate it.

You're welcome - glad to help.
Although you do realise that you've now committed yourself to contributing at least one new coffee cup picture to this thread :D

Sarah, where were the carrots? There HAS to be carrots :LOL:

:( We were completely out of carrots.
I did consider adding some chunks of sweetcorn, but I couldn't be bothered defrosting any.

That's a big problem for the Cupfolk; alcohol goes straight to their heads. :beer:

Vicky to the rescue!!!
:LOL: Good to see the carrots present and accounted for (y)

Love the new stuff from Sarah and Vicky :LOL: So cool to see this thread is still being added to, we need more people to discover cupography and get involved! I've promised myself a camera this summer as a treat for finishing my first year of college! :nuts:

Fab Sarah :clap:

Thanks Josh and Dave.
Now come on and get your coffee cups out :naughty:

:clap: Not seen this thread before - need to look back at all of it when I have more time.

My feeble attempt - nowhere near as good as tori's and shot with a compact because my DSLR gear is all packed away

I could'nt find a coffee cup but this candy king cup is "mod-erately cuplike" :LOL:

mod-erately_cup_like.jpg

*suddenly realizes the Mods are lean'n'green from ODing on the :jaffa:
I suspect, though, that if I tried gaining Modly powers by eating 36 in a sitting, I'd just find more of SarahLee's missing carrots... :puke:

BSM: Don't knock a compact; all my stuff on this thread is shot with an S90. (y)

Inspired by [thread=425280]this thread[/thread]...

When I asked if you did digital backs for cameras, you could've just said "No".
TP_IMG_3610.JPG

Back