The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Woo Hoo!
One of my images made the front page of my local paper!
The other image of the band playing in the cave was taken with my X30; really challenging conditions and the little Fuji delivered the goods.
20150417-090909-DSCF4137-L.jpg

I recommended the XF1 to a friend, she now says all the pictures are coming out over exposed. I've checked the settings, exposure bias is at zero, looks OK on screen when you view scene, but picture is definitely over exposed. I've just tried doing a reset, but problem is still there. Any ideas/suggestions?

I recommended the XF1 to a friend, she now says all the pictures are coming out over exposed. I've checked the settings, exposure bias is at zero, looks OK on screen when you view scene, but picture is definitely over exposed. I've just tried doing a reset, but problem is still there. Any ideas/suggestions?
Could be just another XF1 coming to the end of its life prematurely. If it's under a year old, get it in for repairs quick.

RMA it. It's the first sign that the camera is about to fail.

Yes, thought that might be the case. I'll get her to check receipt, it came from Curry's/PC World I think, so just over a year old. Best to contact Fuji directly?

Also check the front of the lens is clean. I had a finger print on my one which was giving similar results. At this stage my one had already been to Fuji to have the issue fixed lens error issue fixed.

Yes, thought that might be the case. I'll get her to check receipt, it came from Curry's/PC World I think, so just over a year old. Best to contact Fuji directly?
Same situation as me possibly, mine just recently failed. Fuji sent me s link to return the camera, but wanted to charge me £85 minimum for repairs.

I told them it must be a manufacturing fault, as so many have failed. They are no longer replying to my messages!

Pure X30...
20150415-190657-DSCF3995-M.jpg

As you may know, I've been taking my 5DIII and all the rest of the gear down caving recently.
But this was a novice trip, not a photo trip.
Camera only taken on the trip to provide the novices with something to remind them why they ache so much the next morning.
Not posed and the only concession to photography was to let me down the ladder first.
Two small DSLR video lights and the X30 hand-held in program mode.
Can't fault the results!

Actually used my X30 on Friday!
A very rare event but I had to photograph my new toy for the owners' club forum......

q3-1.JPG

q3-3.JPG

saw a heron on the river in Uppermill yesterday. The X20 is far from the right tool for birds and wild life but it is a memory.
Full uncropped.

saw a heron on the river in Uppermill yesterday. The X20 is far from the right tool for birds and wild life but it is a memory.
Full uncropped.

I always get a thrill from seeing herons. There's something otherworldly about them, and it's nice to see such a big bird in the wild in the uk. The x20 did the trick here.

Sounds like a good idea.
I used to be able to update the thread title by editing the first post, but this iteration of forum software doesn't seem to let me.
If there is a way for the thread author to changes the title please point me the right direction!

Mods - please can you add the XQ1 into the thread title.

Sounds like a good idea.
I used to be able to update the thread title by editing the first post, but this iteration of forum software doesn't seem to let me.
If there is a way for the thread author to changes the title please point me the right direction!

Mods - please can you add the XQ1 into the thread title.

Hover your mouse over 'thread tools' then click 'Edit Thread'. You can then edit the title. :)

Great stuff - I've just cleared out the last of my M43 gear and ordered one of these to go alongside my x100T... will start adding some pics to the thread once its arrived (y)

Ah well, my X20 is on its way to MPB tomorrow as I'm using it as part ex on a nice little Nikon D300... Just the XF-1 remains... Until it dies of course!

11328-1430561810-32dadb812daf0c681b55df6893e2f809.jpg

Nope the little XF1 is refusing to behave, Lens Control Error still happening! The XF1 is being laid to rest ( put back in its box and put away ) but before it does, it is becoming a donor. The battery is going to be a spare for its big brother, the X10.

11329-1430561852-305937c38a1e564c2c6565984f04f0df.jpg

The little XF1 is now boxed and being put away. The experience using the little camera was nice, while it lasted! Just a shame it was over so quick, wish it had of lasted a little longer :(

Last edited:
@jonbeeza I am just glad I paid the £129 sale price and not the £399 new price when it came out. Luckily I got my lens error fixed in November whilst in warranty. It hasn't had too many issues since the fix but am always wary of it goes bust and am looking at replacements such as the X30, RX100 type cameras.

@jonbeeza I am just glad I paid the £129 sale price and not the £399 new price when it came out. Luckily I got my lens error fixed in November whilst in warranty. It hasn't had too many issues since the fix but am always wary of it goes bust and am looking at replacements such as the X30, RX100 type cameras.

I too paid £129 for mine, I would have gone berserk had I paid top price for it and it failed so soon! I do love the images of the Fuji, and I was also looking at the X30. Just I am very wary of my next purchase now.

Buy a new one, take the old one back and say it doesn't work. :D

I seem to remember someone here doing some panoramas but with the camera upright. How do i do that with my x-t1?

In panorama mode, press right arrow to cycle through the different sweep directions.

I seem to remember someone here doing some panoramas but with the camera upright. How do i do that with my x-t1?
Presume it runs similar firmware to the X10/X30, and it is easy.
When you go into panorama mode you get a choice of sweep direction. As wells as left to right and right to left, you also get top to bottom and bottom to top.
Select one of the top/bottom directions, turn the camera 90deg to portrait and take the shot.
It is very effective.

Edit: Darn - Barry beat me to it...

X20 heading my way, my first Fuji! Was looking at an olympus but funds were getting tight. Any wide angle adapters for the x20? I'd like to go wider than 28mm if poss

I have a Raynox DCR 730 which was bought many years ago for another camera and just so happens to fit the Fuji. There is some barrel distortion though.........then again you're likely to get that with most WA adapters. It give an equivalent focal length of just under 20mm. Can't say I've used it much though.

Last edited:
I too paid £129 for mine, I would have gone berserk had I paid top price for it and it failed so soon! I do love the images of the Fuji, and I was also looking at the X30. Just I am very wary of my next purchase now.

Interesting reading your post John, I have an XF-1 bought refurbed in 2013 which is now drastically underexposing shots in its EXR and auto modes. Previously it was a cracking camera and I loved using it as my pocket everyday carry cam for work and fun. Like you I have been quoted £85 for the repair and don't feel its worth it really, pity as I will miss it, is it a known issue with the XF-1? The upgrade options offered on the fuji repair site also do not seem massively good value.
What to replace it with though is the question. I am not interested in an interchangeable lens camera (have the full D700 and lenses for that). I appreciated the pockeatbility of the little XF-1 but do fancy an upgrade to one of the metal bodied cameras!

Interesting reading your post John, I have an XF-1 bought refurbed in 2013 which is now drastically underexposing shots in its EXR and auto modes. Previously it was a cracking camera and I loved using it as my pocket everyday carry cam for work and fun. Like you I have been quoted £85 for the repair and don't feel its worth it really, pity as I will miss it, is it a known issue with the XF-1? The upgrade options offered on the fuji repair site also do not seem massively good value.
What to replace it with though is the question. I am not interested in an interchangeable lens camera (have the full D700 and lenses for that). I appreciated the pockeatbility of the little XF-1 but do fancy an upgrade to one of the metal bodied cameras!

I thought it was just me getting underexposed and random overexposed shots from time to time in EXR mode. It can get very annoying as sometimes the shots are of my toddler and therefore I can't recreate the moment again. I am still looking for a replacement. Like you investing in another camera & lens set-up in addition to the main kit would be pointless as you will have constant GAS wanting like for like.

What is on your replacement list? I have looked at the RX100 M3, Richoh GR, LX100, X100T and Fuji X30. What makes it more difficult is wanting a camera that does it all. So semi decent in video mode as well as excelling in image quality.

I have a Raynox DCR 730 which was bought many years ago for another camera and just so happens to fit the Fuji. There is some barrel distortion though.........then again you're likely to get that with most WA adapters. It give an equivalent focal length of just under 20mm. Can't say I've used it much though.

Great, thanks. Does it need a step up/down ring at all?

I thought it was just me getting underexposed and random overexposed shots from time to time in EXR mode. It can get very annoying as sometimes the shots are of my toddler and therefore I can't recreate the moment again. I am still looking for a replacement. Like you investing in another camera & lens set-up in addition to the main kit would be pointless as you will have constant GAS wanting like for like.

What is on your replacement list? I have looked at the RX100 M3, Richoh GR, LX100, X100T and Fuji X30. What makes it more difficult is wanting a camera that does it all. So semi decent in video mode as well as excelling in image quality.

Mine has properly spat the dummy this afternoon giving green / magenta images at the 100mm end of the zoom. I have e-mailed fuji tech support but my breath isn't held. I know pockeatbility is important and I like the Rx100 (my mate has a v2 model and loves it) and who knows I may end up there yet but I keep coming back to the X30. Problem with that is I think "well if I am going x30 then maybe x100 would be worth the extra" I know its a bigger cam but I loved the functionality of the fuji in point and shoot, the processing and low light capabilities were great. I also loved the manual mode and the ability to be creative. Loss of a zoom probably wont bother me that much. Are you like me in the xq1/2 just not doing it for you?

No need for anything like that. It fits the standard Fuji filter holder/lens hood which has a filter size of 52mm I think.

Thanks. I'll have a search, I did have a raynox lens on my camcorder years ago - thought it was pretty well engineered

Back