The old/vintage Machinery thread

Fire Truck at the old Finnow East German Airforce Base

40075843030_857872106e_o.jpg

GC

Old truck old machinery, I can remember the old Seddon Attkinson the thing was a beast , 5 speed crash box, two speed axle the thing had hardly any steering lock so every turn had to be thought about. The Truck was about 20 to 25 years old at the time of the photo and we spent 2 years 4 of us taking old machinery out of mainly Sheffield and the surrounding area to be freighted the Midlands then onto India, Pakistan or china ,It left me thinking we will have nothing left.
SED.jpg

Last edited:
What was that taken with Justpix it looks really sharp front to back !

Really nice

Really nice

Well, if you do not look too closely ... --- The SONY A7 suffered from sensor reflections, leading to flaring (the blue blobs above the lights in the picture above).

But this happened also with SONY native lenses. The A7R2 works better with some Leica M mount lenses.

A couple of a couple of old threshing machines somewhere in South Crete. Pretty sure I know where they used to be but haven't been able to refind them despite trying quite hard! An old MF tractor in there too, possibly used to power the threshers.

DSCN0307.jpgDSCN03082.jpg

Old truck old machinery, I can remember the old Seddon Attkinson the thing was a beast , 5 speed crash box, two speed axle the thing had hardly any steering lock so every turn had to be thought about. The Truck was about 20 to 25 years old at the time of the photo and we spent 2 years 4 of us taking old machinery out of mainly Sheffield and the surrounding area to be freighted the Midlands then onto India, Pakistan or china ,It left me thinking we will have nothing left.
View attachment 271629

That's some lathe, wouldn't fancy centreing a job on that 4 jaw chuck:)

GC

Old and worn out - a selfie!

-blank.jpg

I took mine in Sep 2013.
Mine is from the end of April 2017 so there seems to have been some work done on it in the intervening years. :D

Cheating a bit but sort of in the spirit. This traction engine was actually built in 1990. Oh, it's also a 6" scale "model" but is road registered.

Llizzie .jpg

Sicard snow brush / blower, used to clear the runway.

Testing the XP1 and 10-24 by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Ex Humberside Fire and Rescue Service Dennis Rapier appliance, I used to use this when I was working for HFRS, now we have it as a domestic vehicle at the airport.

Testing the XP1 and 10-24 by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

One of our old major foam tenders.

DSCF2486 by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

DSCF2483 by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Old tractor at Normanby Hall

0I1A4279 by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Last edited:
A Commer Bikini fire support truck at the Yorkshire Air Museum. Behind it is a Bedford pump...

Commer utility vehicle with a Bedford crane in background Yorkshire Air Museum E-PL5 038010044.JPG

Last edited:
Mine is from the end of April 2017 so there seems to have been some work done on it in the intervening years. :D
Went past this place today, couldn't stop to photograph but when the lockdown finishes I will, the old truck is gone and there's a British Army Ferret where it was.

I took these last year at The St Alban's Show. Wonder if there will be any shows this year.
i do hope so.

Most such shows and rallies before the end of July seem to have been cancelled (or at least postponed). I'm not holding out much hope for any large outdoor events and gatherings this year to be honest. Still, at least we have our photo archives and memories to keep us going in the meantime. No matter how long it takes, we'll get back to normal eventually, so don't worry chaps, there will always be an England. (y)

(Taken with a Canon A1 and FD 35-70 f/4 lens on Kodak Ektar 100).

Last edited:
Gotta love an XK140 - even an FHC!

Back