The one that (nearly) got away

Edit My Images
Yes
Lochan na H-Achlaise and the black mount - Rannoch Moor - Scotland

Hi everyone

I`m new to this forum and this is my first post.
I got this picture of the Lochan (little lake) a wee while back and as it happens some times,it was forgotten within some others,stored in some secret folders.:LOL: :LOL:

Finaly i managed to trace it down and here it is.
As far as i remember,it was a really cold day and the loch was half frozen,it was a wierd experience standing right next to the water,listenning to the ice moving around and making strange noises.:thinking:

Canon 1D mkII N and Tamron 17-35 f 2.8/4
Aper....f 11 - iso....50 - s/s....1/20 - f/l....24mm

Lochan%20na%20H-Achlaise%20and%20the%20black%20mount%20-%20Rannoch%20Moor%20-%20Scotland%20%20-%200893.jpg

It is a really good shot Dimitri ... lovely vista and great exposure ... (y)

For me it has too much uninteresting sky and foreground ... one or the other, or both could do with not being there a bit ... imo of course ... :D

Great first class first post though ... :thinking:

:p

Beautiful shot. It works for me just for the predominant brown and grey tones. The foreground is perhaps a tad empty, but there's enough texture amd detail to hold interest. If I was going to crop it I'd perhaps remove some of the uniform dark sky at the top leaving the more interesting parts?

A shot to be proud of. (y)

well composed as usual Dimitri. An interesting sky and nice background but for me it seems to lack something. I know it was a dull day but maybe if there was some more light on the foreground it might have lifted it up a bit.

It looks very much like one of my last trips up there, trying to make the most of a poor day.

I'm not trying to be too negative, just I think you have better shots than this one.

Possibly, ok definitely :)

Welcome aboard ! :)
Thanks Ian.:)
well composed as usual Dimitri. An interesting sky and nice background but for me it seems to lack something. I know it was a dull day but maybe if there was some more light on the foreground it might have lifted it up a bit.

It looks very much like one of my last trips up there, trying to make the most of a poor day.

I'm not trying to be too negative, just I think you have better shots than this one.
Thats some negativity here,:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ,thats the best thing you could ever say buddy.:)
For me, crop the foreground, keep the sky and work on it with the burn tool.

Fabulous gallery, Dimitri.
We could all learn something by taken some time to look through it.

Cameron
Well Cameron , these words coming from you (as i`ve studied your gallery) really and definitely mean alot to me mate.:embarrassed:
Now that is good:clap:
Thank you,really appreciated.:)

Back