The onset of winter in Cumbria

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
With a vicious rumour of snow lining the fells, I took a trip to Buttermere to hike Red Pike in search of some wintery scenes. Great to be hiking in the snow again, but unfortunately hill fog did its best to thwart our chances of making too many shots.

1) Bleaberry Tarn with a few flakes on the floor.
23184715086_16376441dd_h.jpg

2) Looking toward Robinson
22849410639_35e57ca621_h.jpg

3) I liked the pastel tones looking over Goat Crag and Littledale Edge
22921790240_695aa34f2f_h.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Nice set Matt especially the first shot

Nice shots , love no1

I'm feeling kind of chilly after looking at then all

Nice set Matt especially the first shot

Thank you Alf, the first shot came out in quite a strange way, the first time I have used a CPL and 10 Stop together, so interesting to see the results.

Really nice set Matt, the first shot is very different from the norm.

Thanks Neil, its good to have a slightly different end product once in a while I guess. Much appreciated

very nice, like the colours in #3

Many thanks Chris, it was the colour that drew me to make that shot, I love the way winter offers a different set of colours to us.

I really like all three.

The first one looks like a split BW & colour image !

edit...and the third :).....I like it

Many thanks Rory, The first is quite a strange end product, the first real attempt with my CPL, so interesting to see how it can alter an image. I preferred the strange balance that this gave the shot compared with the non CPL version.

Nice shots , love no1

I'm feeling kind of chilly after looking at then all

Thank you very much. I hoped that they would deliver a cold feeling, as it was pretty chilly up there, and that was at the forefront of my thoughts!! Thanks again

First shot is incredible, love the tones in the water against the stark mono of the landscape.

First shot is incredible, love the tones in the water against the stark mono of the landscape.

Thanks Caleb, it came out in a quite interesting way that shot, pleased it seems to have been received well.

1 and 2 are brilliant. Very dramatic scenes indeed!

Can't decide on #3.

Disappointing. I quite like 3. Its a refreshing change for you to not troll my posts at least, so we are moving in the right direction.

I like number 1 very much, unusual but nice.

Cheers Stu, its a weird one, but had so much more depth the the non CPL version.

Like all 3, but no.2 for me.

Thanks very much Neil. Hopefully there will be a window for some more snowy mountain shots this weekend.

A splendid set - I really like all three although the first one is particularly striking.

All three are first class images but 2 and 3 are standout. In fact, 2 would be up on the wall if I'd taken it.

really enjoyed looking through these.
Tones, colour and shapes are beautiful in #3.
It makes me go and put the central heating on!

I like all three, but love the last one. The tones it in are beautiful. It is mesmarising.

i feel cold just looking at them, fantastic shots. love the first shot

A splendid set - I really like all three although the first one is particularly striking.

Thanks - Bleaberry Tarn is in a very nice location, it was a great spot to take a break and make some shots halfway up

All three are first class images but 2 and 3 are standout. In fact, 2 would be up on the wall if I'd taken it.

Thank you very much. If i had the money, I'd love to get some shots up on the wall. Wish list for 2016 maybe!!\

He's run out of sodding walls to put things on.

Ha, if only. Too many bare walls. I was gonna paint a mural of myself on there instead!

really enjoyed looking through these.
Tones, colour and shapes are beautiful in #3.
It makes me go and put the central heating on!

Thanks Paul. Just the username I hoped would comment! Yeah, theyre real cold images I feel, but hopefully I've kept the WB and colour as true to the scene as possible

I like all three, but love the last one. The tones it in are beautiful. It is mesmarising.

Thank you Andrew. I intend to try a few more of these detail shots out over the winter, glad I seem to be on the right route

gorgeous! love number 1 and the hint of colours in 3 is fantastic!!

Cheers Ian, Very much appreciated! Its nice to show a little of the colour of winter I think!

i feel cold just looking at them, fantastic shots. love the first shot

Cheers Heath, thats exactly what I hoped! Glad they've hit the mark

Back