The people of Nottingham

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a wander around Nottingham yesterday afternoon. Here are a few pics from it.

Big People
by David Raynham, on Flickr

The Sax Machine

Tell me about it

Selling the petition

Chillin

Window Shopping

2 by 2

The Bird Lady

None are masterpieces by an means but i enjoyed having a wander around the City Centre in my own little world. Sad i know... :D

Thanks for looking!
David.

Nice set :)

I feel number 7 would benefit from a crop taking some of the people away on the rhs. There is a strong line leading into the group of people with the banner taking the eye away from the main 2x2 subjects, unless that was your intention, in which case carry on :D

It's nice sometimes to just have a wander with the camera and catch life as it is happening :)

Thanks Mark. I never noticed the lead in line tbh but my thought was that whilst the protest about killing Christians in Peshwar and blowing up their Churches was going on and pretty noisily too, life was still carrying on. Maybe entitling it 'just walk in by' would suit it more.

Thanks for stopping by.

Nice set of street images David, unusual to see you shooting this sort of stuff but good to see all the same.(y)

George.

I think no 3 is my pick David, there's a bit more contrast in that black & white compared to the others but I quite like the pigeons as part of the scene. Your busker in #2 is suffering from a lamp post sprouting from his head, it's an unfortunate situation.

That sax player in #2 used to busk along Bridlesmith Gate when I was growing up in Notts (I know, I never actually grew up). It doesn't look like he's changed his coat

Hi David. A good set of images there. My favourite is no. 6 - I cropped the image on my monitor, taking about a quarter of the frame from the LHS to lose the yellow necklace stand and just a little from the top to lose the reflection of what looks like a sign. That leaves a picture of a woman gazing (longingly?) from inside the shop at the expensive baubles.

I also like No.12 - the hands of the person being interviewed (is he Asian, perhaps?) suggest that he is making a strong point and the signage in the BG shows that tyhere is a contentious subject being discussed.

Rob

David,

Love the Sax player, but would be tempted to do a tighter crop, whilst No.5 is so typical Nottingham Market Square (Slab Square) that even with all the changes, it is timeless.

Thankyou very much, some good tips and feedback!

The lady was actually outside but in the entrance part so she was beyond 2 panes of glass. Good call with removing the yellow display jobby. The protesters were campaigning for the bombing of the churches in Peshwar to stop. They certainly made their point and were pretty vocal.

Shreds, thanks. Maybe the crop would work better. Always looking to improve so will try and get a little closer next time and frame it better to start with. Having said that i do like some surroundings to be included to try and show a bit more of what was going off. Will make sure i take a few next time so i can choose.

Thanks again
David.

Yep I agree with keeping context, but if the guy has been there that long, you could no doubt get in there close as he is hardly likely to be bothered by the attention of a photographer, especially if you slip a few coins in his case.

Back