The photography competition - "Summer" -closing date 07 Aug

S

Steve

The photography competition - round 5

Subject is Summer as chosen by PeteMC who stormed ahead and won round 4.

Closing date 18.00 on the 07th August

Please send your entry to competition@thephotographyforums.com

Rules and how to enter

Your entry should be reduced to no bigger than 600 pixels along its longest edge. This includes any borders that you may or may not want to add. The size restriction will help protect the images from being stolen/copied and also ensure that all pictures are viewed under the same restrictions.

Panoramics are allowed up to a max dimension of 1000pixels, the competition gallery will accept this size, admin discretion applies if we don’t think the image is a true panoramic!!

Post processing and “Photoshop” work can be applied but please do not put your name or forum alias on the picture anywhere, the whole of the voting system relies on members not knowing which entry belongs to which member.

All photos submitted should ideally be shot for the competition, the aim is to improve. Submitting old photographs is not going to help you do that. If you require critique on an older photograph just make a post in the member’s gallery on the forums and we will do our best to oblige.

All members who enter must vote, any member who chooses not to vote will have their entry disqualified and any votes that have been received for that submission will be awarded to the next in line.

Once you have your entry ready (only one per member and once submitted no changes will be allowed), send it via email to competition@thephotographyforums.com and include your forum name. Any entries received that are to big, have names on the photo itself, do not have the members name included with the email, or that are received after the closing date will be rejected.

Once the closing date has passed, all the entries will be numbered and displayed in a “Competition Gallery” for all to view. All members will then have 7days to vote on their favourite three photos using the forums PRIVATE MESSAGE system. Votes for your own entry will again be disallowed and anyone suspected of cheating will have their entry removed from this round of the competition.

Whoever is handling the running of round can be contacted by Private Message if you have any specific questions that you may not want to ask on the forums. You will also need to contact that person by PM with your votes once the entries are displayed. Any other questions/comments can be posted in the competition thread.

I will be handling this round so if you have any questions post here or contact me by PM or email.

Good luck to everyone..let the fun begin.

Right! Must get ar$e into gear this time - there's a lot of inspiration, if needed, in this month's Outdoor Photography magazine.

Pah, bring back winter :D I hate summer :p All this sweating, and sticky sleepless nights.

I'm looking forward to entering this one. Haven't entered previous rounds, but I hope I get my backside into gear and get out and shoot something for this one. So many possibilities.

Marcel said:
Pah, bring back winter :D I hate summer :p All this sweating, and sticky sleepless nights.

Bite your tongue there Marcel!! The hotter the better I say. I don't own air, or even a fan for that matter. I love the heat. Drives my other half up the wall but oh well!:p Anyway just wanted to share that I got my entry in for the first time ever!! I've missed the last four rounds so I thought it was about time to get off my little a** and get the courage to put something out there for all of you to pick apart at,:p j/k. That's what I like best about these forums. Brutal honesty I say is the best. Only way to learn. Anyway good luck to all that entered, and don't forget to vote for me.:) Have a good weekend all.

Jewel.

Ha. Its my theme and I totally forgot about it. The amount of times I've been places where I could get a shot. D'oh!

Why is it that as soon as the theme was chosen the weather changed from sunny to overcast and cold with the odd rain shower? :shock:

Well I've been going out with the competition in mind, but have yet to come across something that just screams 'SUMMER!!!!' in my face.
I may have to resort to entering a shot I took about 3 weeks ago. I was hoping to get something else before then, but nothing as yet.

Sorry Rob, you just missed it by a week :(

The next round is Black and white though - more details can be seen here

Back