The Pool or the beach?! New Image added

Cracking set Neil..I've noticed a sort of theme in your images (if that's the right phrase) in that they have a pastel quality to them, is it my imagination, or your pp?

Robin

Groovy silkiness and renditions Neil!

Cracking set Neil..I've noticed a sort of theme in your images (if that's the right phrase) in that they have a pastel quality to them, is it my imagination, or your pp?
Robin
Thanks Robin. I've altered my PP a little from 6 months ago and yes trying to go for a more arty (pastel) approach when I think it's suited.

Groovy silkiness and renditions Neil!
Thanks Kodiak

Great set...nothing more to add.
Interested in your pastel PP. Is it just a case of desaturation?
Thanks Rory, I'm tending to use a few masked layers above the image to increase lighter tones throughout the images, so painting over areas with white on overlay setting.

Happy Zeiss days Neil, as said on flickr, great shots.....I too would be interested in your PP techniques since i'm sh*te at PP!

I really like these, especially the first! :clap:

Bude has a pool like that, I remember it from being a kid!
Loving this set....all three.

These are excellent. #1 & 3 are the stand outs for me. You've got the moodiness of #1 and in contrast the more tranquil rendering of #3,

Happy Zeiss days Neil, as said on flickr, great shots.....I too would be interested in your PP techniques since i'm sh*te at PP!
Thanks Neil, loving the lens ;)

I really like these, especially the first! :clap:
Thanks Mike

Cheers Ruth, much appreciated

These are excellent. #1 & 3 are the stand outs for me. You've got the moodiness of #1 and in contrast the more tranquil rendering of #3,
Thank you Phodru

Lovely set Neil, well done :)
Cheers Baz

Very good Neil, not the obvious angle for the pool, but works great. Makes a nice change from the minimal, flat water type shot
Looks like the feet might have got a bit wet there, hope you were wearing your wellies ;)

Very good Neil, not the obvious angle for the pool, but works great. Makes a nice change from the minimal, flat water type shot
Looks like the feet might have got a bit wet there, hope you were wearing your wellies ;)
Thanks Steve.

No wellies but I wish I took my waders, as i would of been tempted to do a selfie with me out on the point in the second picture, not sure I would of got there on a 30s timer tho!!!

Was that the one that closed during the war?

Really beautiful imagery. The pool ones are great. I like number 2 lots though in particular that still section of clear water running up the centre right.

Gaz

Very nice set of images Neil, with the beach scene being my fav'.(y)

George.

Cracking shots, love the moody feel to the first two especially.

Love 1, like 2 and 3 doesn't have a long enough exposure for me - it's sort of betwixt and between the minimalist and the interesting in my opinion

Excellent shots Neil #1 is by far my favourite very emotion invoking. :D

Very nice Neil No1 is my faveroute

Love 1, like 2 and 3 doesn't have a long enough exposure for me - it's sort of betwixt and between the minimalist and the interesting in my opinion

The first is best as you are showing how choppy the water is, which you don't get with 3.

Thanks all, totally agree, 1 is my favourite as well.

I really love that swirling eddy in number 2 makes for lovely foreground interest, the diagonals work well too! I think that Number 2 is my pick with No1 close on its heels. That movement in number 1 is great, nice flicks and curling spray depicts the movement so well.
Nice Set, also a fan of that smooth silky pastel PP. Applauding your own style of PP (y)

Nice set Neil, 1 & 2 are the stand out for me :)
That you Paul

I really love that swirling eddy in number 2 makes for lovely foreground interest, the diagonals work well too! I think that Number 2 is my pick with No1 close on its heels. That movement in number 1 is great, nice flicks and curling spray depicts the movement so well.
Nice Set, also a fan of that smooth silky pastel PP. Applauding your own style of PP (y)
Thanks Steve, much appreciated. Pool is in Brixham if your interested in shooting it when you are down, usually best on a nice easterly wind.

Reminds me of the Iceberg Club on Bondi Beach. Great shots.
Thanks Justin

Here's another shot from the same session which I was undecided on at the time, but I've just spent a little extra time on the PP and am quite pleased with it!

4's the winner for me, love the colours and tones, like the portrait orientation and theres enough interest in both the clouds and the waves with cloud and rock lead lines coming together nicely

Overanalysis done, good shot

Back