The Portraits on Film thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 21335
  • Start date
I can see my 5D3 getting relegated in favour of my film eos5 at this rate, just glad I bought some decent glass to go on the digital, could be going on the film camera soon.
This is why I like the EOS100QD I have. I can swap glass with my DSLR. Which is what I did this morning at a newborn/family shoot. Ran through a roll of Ilford XP2 in the EOS100 while also shooting raw on the DSLR. Just need to find a new decent place to have the film developed.

This is why I like the EOS100QD I have. I can swap glass with my DSLR. Which is what I did this morning at a newborn/family shoot. Ran through a roll of Ilford XP2 in the EOS100 while also shooting raw on the DSLR. Just need to find a new decent place to have the film developed.

Have a look in the film and conventional section, there's a list of places that develop film in one of the stickies. Although I develop my own now I always used Peak Imaging as I found them reliable, quick and reasonably priced.

Andy

Have a look in the film and conventional section, there's a list of places that develop film in one of the stickies. Although I develop my own now I always used Peak Imaging as I found them reliable, quick and reasonably priced.

Andy
I've been looking at those in that thread.
I was using LomoLab as it's convenient for me to walk to on a lunch break, but the last roll they did for me had a few scanning errors, so I'm looking at others now. Peak Imaging looks pretty expensive, especially just for non-paid work. Ag PhotoLab I think is the first to try as the price is a bit better.

I've been looking at those in that thread.
I was using LomoLab as it's convenient for me to walk to on a lunch break, but the last roll they did for me had a few scanning errors, so I'm looking at others now. Peak Imaging looks pretty expensive, especially just for non-paid work. Ag PhotoLab I think is the first to try as the price is a bit better.

If it's XP2 you can use a lab like Photo Express or Filmdev that do only or mainly C41 (XP2 is a C41 black and white film, rather than an old-fashioned "proper" B&W). Photo Express will charge you £5 per film process and scan, less a 50p discount per film if you quote your TP username. They also charge £1.50 return postage. Filmdev charge £5 per film process and medium scan, will sleeve in 6s and provide TIFFs if requested, no return postage charge. Annoyingly, 35mm film cassettes are just too large to fit as "large letter", so need to go small packet rate (£3.30?). I sometimes do without the plastic outer, wrap the film in alfoil, and wing it with large letter rate. Works most of the time (not for more than 2 cassettes, IME) but when it goes wrong they wait several days before delivering and charge extra postage that you'll have to pay.

If it's XP2 you can use a lab like Photo Express or Filmdev that do only or mainly C41 (XP2 is a C41 black and white film, rather than an old-fashioned "proper" B&W)..
The film I shot last week was XP2 actually as it happens. Sent to AG Photolab on Monday got them back yesterday (Sat), pretty pleased with the results.
The AG Photolab price includes postage, so I didn't have to worry about the size of the envelope.

See:
Shot with Canon EOS100QD, forget whether it was the 50mm f1.4 or the 24-105L though.

88540014a-sm.jpg

exquisite

i think children in their youth show an innocence i wish we could all retain

charming

Thank you for your kind words! This is my first roll so I'm definitely still learning!!

She does have an air of innocence in this - I really like that about Sophia in this pic!

As I was the one that called for this, i had better put some in here!!

First film Shot by NikonSR, on Flickr

Ilford fp4, Bronica SQA 180 ps f4.5 scan and dev by Peak

This is my favourite I think from what you have posted so far. I usually lean towards colour for some strange reason but I really, really love this, Shaheed.

This is my favourite I think from what you have posted so far. I usually lean towards colour for some strange reason but I really, really love this, Shaheed.

Cheers, I really like this one too. I keep coming back to it - it has a very soft classical feel to it (IMHO) which is something I don't normally do!

There's something about film and the way skin gets rendered that digital still hasn't replicated. This and the shots you posted on the medium format thread have a fabulous quality to them.

Another form the shoot with Jenny recently.

Contax 645 - Kodak Portra 800 - Dev & Scan UK Film Lab (or should I call them, Canadian Film Lab?)

What a great mood, I can feel the sun and the cooling breeze.. colours.. ah just love it.

Another of Ellen from the same shoot, used a Pentax 67 + 105/2.4 + Portra 400:

av0beCX.jpg

I love this. Only looking on my phone but will have a look on the computer later. Right up my street that one.

I don't really get gear lust any more, except for a Pentax 67.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone got anything new in here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Boooooo. Go on then, I will play with another from my shoot with Jenny.

Kodak Portra 800 - Contax 645 - 80mm F2.0 - Dev & Scan UK Film Lab.

Nice[emoji106][emoji106]

I'm hoping my film will be waiting for me when I get home. [emoji23][emoji23]

Back