The results of my wet day.

Messiah Khan

Santa is your dad
Name
Alasdair Fowler
Edit My Images
Yes
I want out again today. I got sooo wet! Teaches me not to listen to the weather forcast. :eek: But once it had decided to soak me to the bone, the weather brightened a bit, allowing me to get a few shots. No award winners, but I wasn't going to get that wet with nothing to show for it;

Red_jewels_of_the_beast_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

A_mere_shell_of_an_insect_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Hang_on_for_dear_life_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Why_the_long_face__by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Lovely set MK and well worth the effort/soaking imgo ... (y) ... and the first one is a corker too ... :D ... would have been superb with a little more DoF to capture both wings fully in focus ... :shrug: ... wet or not ... ;)

:p

No.4 for me.....great shot! (y)

Here is me complaining about the weather and there you are out there doing this in it. Note to self: must try harder!

(y)

Second for me, love the diagonal flow of the composition , the others are just a bit too tight in the frame, they need a touch more space to breath, although technically good.

Lovely set MK and well worth the effort/soaking imgo ... (y) ... and the first one is a corker too ... :D ... would have been superb with a little more DoF to capture both wings fully in focus ... :shrug: ... wet or not ...
:p

Cheers. Yeah, I was fighting with the light to get anything like a decent dof today. At one point as the thunder storm rolled in I was up to ISO 1600, f2.8, deliberately underexposing by 1 stop and I was barely getting hand held acceptible speeds.:(

No.4 for me.....great shot!

Thank you.:)

Great shots again M K.

Cheers.:)

Here is me complaining about the weather and there you are out there doing this in it. Note to self: must try harder!

And there I was out in it thinking "wtf are you doing you nutter, you could be inside in the warm and dry, but instead your hiding under a tree making scarey sounds to yourself in a thunder storm":wacky: :LOL:

lovely shots - Guessing that's the Sigma again ?

Cheers. Yup, has barely left my camera since I got it. I really could do with a decent wide angle one now though.*Looks at Sigma 10-20.. looks at bank balance:( *

Second for me, love the diagonal flow of the composition , the others are just a bit too tight in the frame, they need a touch more space to breath, although technically good.

Yeah, I agree that they could do with a tad more space. Unfortunately the ones where I did give them a bit more space, simply were nowhere near as sharp as the ones ive posted. Im slightly kicking myself that I chopped off the bottom part of number 4, as im really quite pleased with the sharpness on this one, and these creatures seem quite camera shy.

Number 1 is my favourite - not a huge fan of flies (!) but I'll admit they are kinda alluring in their own special way ;)

Number 3 for me MK - illustrates the weather conditions perfectly. And fair play for getting outside today too!!!

Cheers lass. You manage to get a ladybird yet then?;)

I have indeed! :clap: Popped out for "a bit" then ended up wandering around the field for over an hour! I wish I could just zap these skills into my stooopid head :bang: I think I'm going to be a very slow learner!

Back