The right tree at the right time.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
As I am regaining enthusiasm for photography, I am always happy to catch weather that suits IR work.
Usually, I take photographs on walks. The conditions on the day are those that have to do.. Sometimes I am able to return to a spot at a different time if it helps the image.
These images are of some trees near where I live, so I am able to return when I like and many times over the seasons.

For some reason, lone trees really appeal to me in IR photography. I can now search for the right tree and at the right time in the season and in the right light... (lots of visit then).
So here's s a couple to start. Two of a stand of old Hawthorns with a little drama. This was one of my favourite spots some years ago, but the tree I liked is now dead and gone. One of these looks to be nearly dead.
I'd like to catch the tree with foliage a little later in the spring, with more leaf and maybe some blossom. That might help the contrast against the sky.
Even if multiple visits fails to bag the image I'd like, it's a great place for a walkabout with camera.

HawtreeB1sm.jpg

HawtreeA1.jpg

Back