The Sea Wall

Its a good shot but it has a soft focus feel to it is noise reduction?

It is the look I was going for, I selectively lowered the clarity. I was trying to replicate a longer exposure as it was too windy on the day to be able to keep anything still let alone a tripod and camera.
Well its not working for me I would rather you upped the clarity.

We're all different - I really like the soft look; it gives the whole picture a slightly painting-like quality. I think it works better than a long exposure would, as the shape of the 'aerial' waves is better seen.

Well its not working for me I would rather you upped the clarity.
Thanks for the feedback.
We're all different - I really like the soft look; it gives the whole picture a slightly painting-like quality. I think it works better than a long exposure would, as the shape of the 'aerial' waves is better seen.
Cheers John that's what I was after but still playing with some of my others.

I really like it. There’s lots of interest in the shot - the soft spray, the waves on the right, the cloud over the lighthouse, the hint of colour in the lamp, nice layers and the shot has a great mood. Only thing I’m unsure of, and I’m only on iPad (and have just finished a 12 hour shift at work) so may be talking rubbish, is the colour of the softer water. All the same, it’s a cracking photo imho.

Last edited:
Back