Critique The Seat

Name
Robin
Edit My Images
No
Took a stroll this afternoon,just a few minutes from my house..was keen to capture moody, cloudy sky comments welcome please)

Robin

Attachments

• untitled-13.jpg
    untitled-13.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 62
Well the perspective certainly highlights the sky whilst also isolating the seat. I do think its a good shot, Robin well spotted but cant make my mind up about the oof grass stalks. They take up almost half the image, and whilst they are fairly transparent i find it a little distracting.

Last edited:
Really like the weathered and broken wood on the end of the seat and think the colours suit it well and add interest (although a b&w one would work as well). As Steve has said, the oof grass stalks are the big talking point in the image and that's what's likely to divide opinion. They're the sort of thing that tends to bug me, but rarely have I seen them made such a big part of the overall photo and I can't decide if the photo now becomes a duel between the seat and the oof grass? If that's the case then it's an interesting concept, but even then I find myself wanting to crop the RHS at least a bit.

Really like the weathered and broken wood on the end of the seat and think the colours suit it well and add interest (although a b&w one would work as well). As Steve has said, the oof grass stalks are the big talking point in the image and that's what's likely to divide opinion. They're the sort of thing that tends to bug me, but rarely have I seen them made such a big part of the overall photo and I can't decide if the photo now becomes a duel between the seat and the oof grass? If that's the case then it's an interesting concept, but even then I find myself wanting to crop the RHS at least a bit.

I'm with Steve. All in a good shot Robin but the grass stalks impose themselves on the photo. I wonder if a square crop to remove/minimise might make the bench stand out more? I 'read' the shot as "why not rest a while...but not too long...looks like rain!" To which the grass doesn't add to the story?

Yep, OOF grass stalks intrude on this image Robin, would have been so much better without them, definitely worth another visit :)

Back