The SELECTIVE COLOUR (oh no!) thread

oh go on then.... ;)

taken earlier today for college project

6249620049_b62718444f_b.jpg

..and why not? :)

I actually only have one selective colour image in my gallery and here it is :)

775086012_Z8Yhg-O.jpg

It was one of the first things I learnt how to do, must admit, it can be incredibly effective:)

Neither of these are, but here are two of mine;)

tpstuff.jpg

tpstuff2.jpg

:)

I really like this style, is there a tutorial on here somewhere ??
Many thanks
Cliff

I like them all but i like how the roundabout isn't tooo coloured.
Which is why I now (re)post this - and i have aleady been advised I missed focus...

waaf_selective800.jpg

Last edited:
I only have 2 with selective colors, taken a couples of years ago (when I was just starting)

First taken in Chile, called "Summertime"

And "London Calling" near the Royal War museum

PS: I like how the building is leaning to the right, at first I thought it was my bad, but if you look at the traffic light you can see is just the building

Last edited:
I only had 2 with selective colors, taken a couples of years ago (when I was just starting)

And "London Calling" near the Royal War museum

PS: I like how the building is leaning to the right, at first I thought it was my bad, but if you look at the traffic light you can see is just the building

Thats a great photo regardless of the selective colour. If you look closely there is alot of wonkey going on, the building, the railings and the lamp post and traffic light are not plumb or leaning somewhat.. I like that :)

Wow, only just learned how do do this. Such a simple yet effective technique! I can see me having some fun with this :)

DSCF1360000000000.jpg

OK I have one i will share..;)

Keira_6_colour_pop.jpg

Regards MD(y)

i'm using ELEMENTS 9

I used Photoshop if I remember correctly (I did those shots about 4 years ago)
You created a layer, then selected what you wanted to leave B&W (or color don't remember) and then you applied paste or merge (sorry I'm not very familiar with PS.)

Last edited:
Some very good shots here!:)

It's ages since I tried any selective colour shots - must try again soon. I did this one when I first got the Canon S95..

Lil' Red Shovel by Crieffy., on Flickr

The poker cards are fantastic but this one is so simple I love it :)

Thanks to those who liked my Poker cards :).

Some great shots here already. Love the Ferrari shot (method on how to do that would be rather lovely ;) )

Not posted owt for a while so thought I'd join in. SC may be old hat but I still love it. :D

854aec18.jpg

Back