The Selfie Thread?

I did this when I first got the xt10, used the WiFi app to make the shot.

This take, though technically good, does not illustrate
that you are happy with the gear… why do most guys
have to look so serious?

Cool thread idea, Mark!

This take, though technically good, does not illustrate
that you are happy with the gear… why do most guys
have to look so serious?

Cool thread idea, Mark!

You mean like this?

23405826900_599791c38f_b.jpg

Or more like this??

21478247911_c123bdcae8_b.jpg

After many failed attempts to do any selfy on camera using remote shooting via fiwi, here comes garden shed iphone selfy from earlier today (with bit of PS and filter )
View attachment 71251

What camera are you using? I did a couple with the d750 and the iPhone app at f1.4 which seemed to work ok. That said I like your iPhone pic [emoji106]

One with the 85 f1.4

IMG_1470854651.709625.jpg

In the interests of good taste, decorum and the fact that they were taken by Mrs Nod rather than myself, I shall NOT be posting the suspenders panties and a bra set in here. Of course, I might take some selfies of me wearing it and I might get drunk enough to share them.

Be afraid. Be very afraid!!!

(Actually, you're probably safe - I hate having my photo taken, even by myself.)

What camera are you using? I did a couple with the d750 and the iPhone app at f1.4 which seemed to work ok. That said I like your iPhone pic [emoji106]

One with the 85 f1.4

View attachment 71254

Nice one!
And what is the background?

I have 6D 85mm lens and tried at f2.8, using canon app on iphone, but for some reason i could not find how to make my camera focus on me , or my eyes to be precise

Nice one!
And what is the background?

I have 6D 85mm lens and tried at f2.8, using canon app on iphone, but for some reason i could not find how to make my camera focus on me , or my eyes to be precise

The Nikon app seems to work quite well, focused on the eyes and was in front of a plain wall!

Fab light, fab image. (See me to left!)

Cheers - a wile ago, a friend of mine used to set me challenges to push my limits photography wise... this one was "take a shot that looks like it could be for an album cover, using 'available light' only"... Well - I dithered around, and by the time I'd come up with an idea, it was already dark... the only "available light" was the glow from my Computer Screen, so I used that... Shot tethered using the canon utilities, look at the camera, press the mouse, look at the screen, shuffle about to recompose, repeat ad-nauseum...

It's pretty unusual for me in that I actually like the shot, probably because It really doesn't look all that much like me (as in the bloke I see in the shaving mirror) anymore...

I'm much more like this now... (ignore the caption at the bottom of the picture, it was a certain admin who'll remain nameless (oh, okay @Marcel) having a bit of a laugh...)

Zod
by TheBigYin on Talk Photography

I can't help it. Every time I see that selfie, I get scared!

Cheers - a wile ago, a friend of mine used to set me challenges to push my limits photography wise... this one was "take a shot that looks like it could be for an album cover, using 'available light' only"... Well - I dithered around, and by the time I'd come up with an idea, it was already dark... the only "available light" was the glow from my Computer Screen, so I used that... Shot tethered using the canon utilities, look at the camera, press the mouse, look at the screen, shuffle about to recompose, repeat ad-nauseum...

It's pretty unusual for me in that I actually like the shot, probably because It really doesn't look all that much like me (as in the bloke I see in the shaving mirror) anymore...

I'm much more like this now... (ignore the caption at the bottom of the picture, it was a certain admin who'll remain nameless (oh, okay @Marcel) having a bit of a laugh...)

Zod
by TheBigYin on Talk Photography
I can't help it. Every time I see that selfie, I get scared!

Come on, he has a point! :)

So, crazy Alien then... pity, I was going for the "Barking Mad Russian Bond Villain"...

Ooh don't limit your options!
Both work well.
There's definitely a market for "quintessential British screen villain"! ;)

Back