The Smoker ...a portrait

Brilliant light Susie and just the right amount of smoke to tell the tale without obscuring detail. Hope it wasn't too smelly!

Brilliant light Susie and just the right amount of smoke to tell the tale without obscuring detail. Hope it wasn't too smelly!

Thanks Peter ... yes that pipe is very smelly :)

I forgot to mention this is my 94 year old father in law, he lives alone totally independently apart from a bit of shopping, he spends most of his day puffing away to his hearts content gazing out of the window.

Susie, as far as the important bits go, it's bloody brilliant.

To make it perfect I'd crop some if the detail in the rhs, maybe something fairly radical with the clone tool but it's really the last 5%.

Susie, as far as the important bits go, it's bloody brilliant.

To make it perfect I'd crop some if the detail in the rhs, maybe something fairly radical with the clone tool but it's really the last 5%.

Thank you Phil, I kept cropping that rhs then putting it back in, I felt it just added to the context of the way he sits staring out of the window, But I do agree it could lose that bit.

Thank you Phil, I kept cropping that rhs then putting it back in, I felt it just added to the context of the way he sits staring out of the window, But I do agree it could lose that bit.
I wouldn't lose all of it, it adds context, I'd tidy it a bit so there's no windowsill and window, just the light on the curtains. But it's a bit 'photoshop' rather than just crop.

Back