The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Where u get yours from pls??

Gone quiet tonight on several threads hmm

LoL funny you say that as my in laws Friday's starts on Thursday now as they cut down their work days

Well I just bought a 24-70 f4 from the classifieds so guess I'd better go and get the A7ii now :)

Taken me an age to make this decision - can't wait now

Also pleased that as a body only, the price isn't hugely different buying from a UK B&M (£1050 odd import, £1150 odd UK). I'd prefer the UK warranty (2 years at the moment on offer).

Now to make a call and see if it's in stock :)

Edit - In stock at my local dealer and reserved. Time for a road trip

Last edited:
Gone quiet tonight on several threads hmm

More pictures would be nice, haven't had the free time coinciding with anything like weather worth shooting in here so just haven't bothered.

Thinking of renaming this thread the Nikon love in thread... I suppose there's zero chance of reducing the Nikon stuff just a teeny tiny bit and talking about the A7 series and lenses a bit more?

:D

More pictures would be nice, haven't had the free time coinciding with anything like weather worth shooting in here so just haven't bothered.

Thinking of renaming this thread the Nikon love in thread... I suppose there's zero chance of reducing the Nikon stuff just a teeny tiny bit and talking about the A7 series and lenses a bit more?

:D

You just had to bring up Nikon again didnt you :p:D

I think there's probably a threat for Nikon owners...

Just gets a bit repetitive for me as a non DSLR guy. I know they have their good points but I'm just no longer interested in them.

Maybe just bring the whole DSLR thing up when it's more relevant.

That's all...

Just gets a bit repetitive for me as a non DSLR guy. I know they have their good points but I'm just no longer interested in them.

That's all...

Duly noted. :nikon:

Were you using peaking?

I wont claim 100% but you could probably get 3% with a blindfold on :D

Yeah peaking. She was moving up and down a lot. Peaking showed eyes in focus but most shots missed focus.

But this is the look I enjoy from 1.4 aperture.

That's all...

We're all photographers here, many people will have either come from a DSLR or run a DSLR alongside the A7 or are looking into switching. Just because you're not interested doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed on the thread!

Get yourself to bed sunshine. Yawning in public makes you look special.

As I've said many times: Horses for courses. Mirrorless won't replace dslr for many reasons and mirrorless has its place in the market also.

Stop feeling threatened. What works for you works for you. End of. One system can't do everything.

Let's just enjoy photography shall we.

As I've said many times: Horses for courses. Mirrorless won't replace dslr for many reasons and mirrorless has its place in the market also.

Stop feeling threatened. What works for you works for you. End of. One system can't do everything.

Ah but one day... and it'll be a MIRRORLESS CAMERA!!!! mwaahahahah!!!! :D

And on the other topic, perhaps I shouldn't have started this but I just thought it would be nice if we could maybe talk about Sony A7 series kit just a little bit and just every few pages or so whilst we're having a bit of a rest from the Nikon love in and we should all buy one NOW posts that seems to be prolific in this thread :D

Anyway back on topic...
Before I went digital I shot Nikon for knocking on for a couple of decades. Back then I mostly shot cars and bands and people at gigs and events mostly with free or at least cheap ISO 1600 film and a bog standard zoom... and back then I/we had no idea that the DSLR market was being watched closely by intelligences greater than Canikons and yet as mortal as their own. I/we know now that as Canikon busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinized and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinize the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacence DSLR designers went to and fro over the earth about their little affairs, serene in the assurance of their dominion over this small spinning fragment of solar driftwood which by chance or design DSLR's had inherited out of the dark mystery of the death of Kodak and film. Yet across an immense ethereal gulf, minds that are to the minds of Canikon DSLR designers as theirs are to the beasts in the jungle, intellects vast, cool and unsympathetic, regarded the camera market with envious eyes and slowly and surely drew their plans against Canikon...

Last edited:
Ah but one day... and it'll be a MIRRORLESS CAMERA!!!! mwaahahahah!!!! :D

And on the other topic, perhaps I shouldn't have started this but I just thought it would be nice if we could maybe talk about Sony A7 series kit just a little bit and just every few pages or so whilst we're having a bit of a rest from the Nikon love in and we should all buy one NOW posts that seems to be prolific in this thread :D

Anyway back on topic...
Before I went digital I shot Nikon for knocking on for a couple of decades. Back then I mostly shot cars and bands and people at gigs and events mostly with free or at least cheap ISO 1600 film and a bog standard zoom... and back then I/we had no idea that the DSLR market was being watched closely by intelligences greater than Canikons and yet as mortal as their own. I/we know now that as Canikon busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinized and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinize the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacence DSLR designers went to and fro over the earth about their little affairs, serene in the assurance of their dominion over this small spinning fragment of solar driftwood which by chance or design DSLR's had inherited out of the dark mystery of the death of Kodak and film. Yet across an immense ethereal gulf, minds that are to the minds of Canikon DSLR designers as theirs are to the beasts in the jungle, intellects vast, cool and unsympathetic, regarded the camera market with envious eyes and slowly and surely drew their plans against Canikon...

War of the worlds?

Threatened my A** -
BORED Deffo -
methinks thou dost protest too much
I don't understand where these pocket psychologists pop up from.

Has anyone ever tried the Sony 24-240 lens??

Right you 70-200 owners share some of your best shots pls

Seen a few on there but love to see our buddies on here shots [emoji3]

Think got wrong person oops

What Rizvan Flickr as it ain't showing on app

Back