The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I think Canon EF 70-200 F4 L IS is little bit lighter as well.
Considering the fact that you can find it for around 450-500 pounds in a good condition - it is a option.
I heard that it is very good with Metabones smart T adapter - I can not confirm that.
I can confirm it works with Sigma MC-11 - not fast focusing at all and in low light - even worse - but usable. And quite sharp. for subjects that are not moving fast - it works very good.

Example:

ZSL London Zoo
by kalpachev1, on Flickr

ZSL London Zoo
by kalpachev1, on Flickr

Head up. Sony a7ii with kit lens £1299 at camera world

Is for a UK Soruce...

Against other retailers its cheap but in reality the kit is overpriced anyway. If the kit RRP is £1549, that makes the kit lens a laughable £420 vs body only. This price is just more realistic and inline with what Sony shouldve charged in the first place.

My Sony FE 24-70 f2.8 G Master has arrived at the store but I'm having second thoughts about actually buying it mmmmm

Let's see what the UK price ends up being.
I don't pay RRP prices anyways so hopefully it's ok.

EU prices are quite accurate, sometimes cheaper than UK prices. So that will be in the region of £2275.
Pretty much what I was expecting it to be priced. I guessed it was going to be £2299 months ago.....

Pretty much what I was expecting it to be priced. I guessed it was going to be £2299 months ago.....

That's about what I expect as well (maybe up to £2.5k at launch).

I love it when high prices are quoted on SAR, the comments are hilarious :)

I hope it sells really well and there are tons of cheap f4's about ;). I can dream....

Good luck Sony. £2299 was bloody expensive and well over the competition.
Agreed, I would never pay full Sony RRP prices anymore, even if it's £2299 is still high. £2999 is plain crazy!
I managed to get £500 for my old 24-70mm f4, I can get the 24-70mm f2.8 for £1320, so that's £820 I need to come up with, which "feels" OK in my mind. :)

Agreed, I would never pay full Sony RRP prices anymore, even if it's £2299 is still high. £2999 is plain crazy!
I managed to get £500 for my old 24-70mm f4, I can get the 24-70mm f2.8 for £1320, so that's £820 I need to come up with, which "feels" OK in my mind. :)

I try to make myself feel better like that to lol.

What you should be doing is including the loss on the 2470f4 ;) So not just £820 difference.

So thats £7,400 for a 'basic setup' of body, 2470 and 70200..... for comparison a D810, 2470 and 70200 is £4,600.

Last edited:

Surely that has to be a mistake :D

If not that's insane. I mean £2.5k wouldn't have surprised me - it's not like Sony are known for budget friendly lenses, plus they seem to be selling the other GM lenses well and they are not exactly cheap. But at £3k? who in their right mind will buy this? Makes the f4 look positively cheap o_O

I notice there is no price at LCE or Wex yet. I wonder if this is correct and they are just too embarrassed to show the price :D

Guys, just wait a few months and once the early adopters have paid through the nose prices may settle a bit lower but at the moment you can't really blame Sony too much for charging what people are willing to pay, and people are willing as the orders for some of this kit are higher than Sony expected so why not just put the GAS on hold for a while and make a decision later.

Guys, just wait a few months and once the early adopters have paid through the nose prices may settle a bit lower but at the moment you can't really blame Sony too much for charging what people are willing to pay, and people are willing as the orders for some of this kit are higher than Sony expected so why not just put the GAS on hold for a while and make a decision later.

GAS waits for no man

Cornishware-mugs-007.jpg

Back